Crooked Silencerco Harvester?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crooked Silencerco Harvester?

Just finished threading the muzzle for a customer for his can on a Ruger rifle. Indicated the last 2.5" of the bore and then checked the shoulder I cut and it runs dead true. Can has good contact with the shoulder and runout at the front of the can is .001 but the runout at the business end is .020 (and you can see the exit hole wobble too)! I put two other cans on the barrel including one of my old AAC's and both run perfect. I re-checked the bore after I cut it and it's still running tight. Anyone ever run into this?

First shot should center it up

Comment

Check the silencerco van on another rifle to see if it does it on all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did the customer cross thread the pitch adapter so it’s crooked in the can?

Comment

Email SilencerCo, they will respond quickly and put you in touch with someone that can help you verify the suppressor side data.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            video it though....

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
            Did the customer cross thread the pitch adapter so it’s crooked in the can?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I'll report back on the results Matt...

I'll holler at Silencerco and see what they say. Nothing looks stripped out and no threads were buggered up so we'll see.

Comment

might be the suppressor. had something similar but i didnt catch it until a few rounds.... the bullet was actually grazing the exit hole on the way out. had to send it back to OEM

Comment

Called and left a message with Silencerco and got a call back within an hour and the gent that I talked to was a good dude. I explained the issue to him and he told me that they overbore to .400+ on the 30 cal cans for any issues like this and said that it shouldn't be an issue and to go ahead and pull the trigger. The customer happened to have another identical can so he brought it over and we switched it out on the adapter and it ran right at .015 of runout so not quite as bad. I figured it would be fine since .020 of runout on the can would still leave plenty of room for clearance. Being in aerospace manufacturing, I'd like to see a little tighter tolerances on their stuff for the money but the customer service seems to be spot on so I'll give them that.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                    Called and left a message with Silencerco and got a call back within an hour and the gent that I talked to was a good dude. I explained the issue to him and he told me that they overbore to .400+ on the 30 cal cans for any issues like this and said that it shouldn't be an issue and to go ahead and pull the trigger. The customer happened to have another identical can so he brought it over and we switched it out on the adapter and it ran right at .015 of runout so not quite as bad. I figured it would be fine since .020 of runout on the can would still leave plenty of room for clearance. Being in aerospace manufacturing, I'd like to see a little tighter tolerances on their stuff for the money but the customer service seems to be spot on so I'll give them that.
                    They are top notch on customer service. Go ahead and shoot it, if it baffle strikes you can send it, have it rebuilt for free and have it back in 5 days or so.

Comment

So don't worry about it? Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                        So don't worry about it? Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                        It’s a bold strategy Cotton. Let’s see how it plays out.

Comment

Geez...so many variables that can happen with baffles strikes...I would not want that can, and would send it back. While the customer service was excellent. I have to have doubts about the product. No reason why it cannot be perfect. So much of a precision item for it NOT to be.

Comment

Crooked cans can cause major POI shifts? I ran into this with a crooked adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                              They are top notch on customer service. Go ahead and shoot it, if it baffle strikes you can send it, have it rebuilt for free and have it back in 5 days or so.
                              Their service and turnaround time has taken a major dive in the last year since the latest round of layoffs in January 18’. Im really surprised to see he received a call back so quickly. As of a couple months ago it was still taking weeks just to speak to someone. Repair was considerably longer. Let’s hope that’s a sign of better service and warranty turnaround time.

Comment

Working...
                              X