single shot rifle help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

single shot rifle help

Morning folks, I'm searching for a all weather single shot rifle. Besides a TC, anyone know the options are both past and present? I must not be good a searches because when I search all I get is gobbly gook and hog wash. Thanks

I am a big fan of Ruger #1s mine are not stainless but they make them in stainless

Comment

Ruger #1 stainless. Henry is making some single shots now but not sure if they are all weather.

Comment

New England firearms
        H&R
        Rossi
        Those are the only other single shots I know of.

Comment

If you want a solid rifle for the money and don’t need extra barrels, you cannot beat the CVA scout.

I talked with CVA recently because many of the calibers are not available right now in the scout. I feel they just make a batch of whatever whenever (my opinion). The fella on the phone said they are mainly gonna focus on straight wall.

You have to ask yourself if you want a break action or not.

Personally, I decided that if I were gonna spend the money on a TCA Stainless, I’d kick in the little extra cash and get a Ruger 1 or some other similar action (high end) which will most likely be trouble free even for my great grandkids

The Henry single shot is the only rifle I had less than 24 hrs, the hammer pull and trigger absolutely sucked.
          Last edited by Johnny44; 02-09-2019, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Tc, ruger, for sure

H&r, nef, I am pretty sure made them, but I think they were plated not stainless

Those are the only ones i know of

Comment

I own a couple of Number 1s, I have a .300 win in stainless, and a 6mm old school red pad. Both are tack drivers.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Ruger #1 / TC encore/pro hunter( Lots of Cal choices in one frame)inc Black Powder and Shotgun

Comment

Ruger no1 is my first pic. Their actions are SUPER strong.

Second choice is Thompson Encore Pro Hunter. That gun was very accurate shooting dime sized groups all day long.

Comment

I like stainless Ruger #1's, But might be hard to find in the caliber you want. Production is very limited. I know you stated "other than TC", but that would be my recommendation, as ease of disassembly for cleaning makes a gun "all weather" as much as being stainless. And the Encore can be had in almost any caliber you want.

Comment

H&R indeed made stainless but they are defunkt and hard to find. My 444 below.

Comment

In my opinion the best single shot. Shiloh sharps, if you insist on smokeless powder the browning 1885 is a nice rifle.

Comment

Why do you want a single shot?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                            Morning folks, I'm searching for a all weather single shot rifle. Besides a TC, anyone know the options are both past and present? I must not be good a searches because when I search all I get is gobbly gook and hog wash. Thanks

Can’t go wrong with Encore

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
                              Why do you want a single shot?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                              This is best described by say a recurve hunter...Just where they call home.

Comment

Working...
                              X