Bowfishing light help...LED?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowfishing light help...LED?

Looking to run four 50 watt true warm LED's from seelite on the front of my boat for starters, will add more later on if I like it along with a generator. I have an 18 foot aluminum with a casting deck, will have lights on a removable rail, two on each side, hooked to a 31 series deep cycle battery. What kind of run time could I get out of that do y'all think? Also, I have an onboard charger for my trolling motor and will likely add another smaller onboard charger for the lights...would there be anything wrong with running those two onboard chargers to a generator to keep my TM charged and lights while in use out on the water. I'm brand new to all this and I'm just thinking out loud and open to any suggestions from the experienced guys....I'm green as can be. Thank you for reading this long winded post

I just rigged a flounder boat with Jerry's LEDs they are 12 volt and draw 1.6 amps per light. One light will run 4-5 hrs on a deer feeder battery I was told. This boat has a air motor with alternator charging the batterys.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Need more info on battery as in what is the AH rating of it. Your going to be drawing around 4.6AH a hour with just one light so if you have 4, your looking at 18.4AH draw. If you have 100AH battery, your looking at about 5.4 hours of run time. One thing you don't want to do though is run the battery all the way down all the time as this will greatly shorten it's life, you really shouldn't run down the battery past 50% before charging because you will greatly shorten the life of the battery if you do. If it was me, I would go with two batteries and run two lights per battery and I would go with batteries that are rated at a minimum of 120AH. This would give you enough battery to run your lights all night.

Comment

Paging OBG . . . .

Comment

If it were me I'd buy another battery and run the lights on 24 volt then get a converter and only run your generator as needed

Comment

I had 6 of the EBay version of those lights on my previous boat, and we got roughly 3 hours out of each Everstart Maxx 29DC battery. We would take 2 batteries with us so we'd have roughly 6 hours of fishing. In my experience you will not need to charge your trolling motor battery (depending on your setup). We've ran 12v, 24v, and 36v trolling motors and they last forever on a charge! We've even taken back to back trips with our 75lb 24v and not charged the trolling motor batteries. Your main concern will be the battery life for the lights. We are currently running a 12v generator but are switching our LED drivers to a 120v driver so we can wire them directly into our super quiet 2000 watt Generac generator. My personal opinion is that the 4 lights will not be enough, 6 is a minimum. We have 8 now and about to add 2 more to the front and 4 for the rear. Go with as much light as you can afford, as you will never have enough. LED's are not ideal for bow fishing, but they work. We are not by any means competing, so we went with fit our needs.

Old rig:

New rig:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by XC450 View Post

New rig:

Nice upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                Nice upgrade!
                She's a beast for sure! We did 42mph across Lake Conroe last week with 4 grown men and all our gear. Already been in the bay with her too. It's so nice to be able to freely move around the boat, instead of having to time your movements with each other.

Comment

Nice boat.

Comment

Here is the flounder boat I just finished rigged it with Jerry's LEDs they are about the same color as halogens.

Comment

how does those jerry's lights work with no lens to keep water off the chip?

Comment

They are submersible

Comment

The chip is sealed in silicone

Comment

I got 14 leds on mine n im going back to 6 400w hps/mh with digital ballast!!

Comment

Interesting, how well does that chip do without a heat sink?

Comment

Working...
                              X