Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
    Alrighty I’m headed south.

A big one has been spotted and I’m on his trail. I’d guess he’s knocking on 170” as a straight 10 pt. Beams and mass for days, dark chocolate tunes.... I’m coming buddy. Packing my bow this trip. I will be in the blind by 2:30

Heck yeah!

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck jaker! I'm on the same lease with panhandlehunter... Got some great guys we hunt with. We should make a trip in Feb. to do a spot n stalk bow hunt on javelina as a TBH gathering of guys in the area!! Good luck! I'll be headed down Sunday with my 2 grandsons... gonna be some bloodshed for sure!! We're gettin' some bigguns on camera... got a few more trash deer to get kilt, then it's trophy time!

Comment

Webb County Live Season

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Good luck jaker! I'm on the same lease with panhandlehunter... Got some great guys we hunt with. We should make a trip in Feb. to do a spot n stalk bow hunt on javelina as a TBH gathering of guys in the area!! Good luck! I'll be headed down Sunday with my 2 grandsons... gonna be some bloodshed for sure!! We're gettin' some bigguns on camera... got a few more trash deer to get kilt, then it's trophy time!

That sounds like a fun lease to be on, hopefully one of those days I can make it over there and say hello. That javelina massacre sounds like a heck of a good time.

Good luck this weekend, hope y’all get something on the ground.

Comment

Do you know which Walker pasture you border? The ranch we hunt is over 70,000 acres and we are pretty much smack dab in the middle of it. There are only 2 short boundaries that are not Walker property where we hunt. One though is a high fence so likely not that one... Kyle1974 also has property in the area as do a couple other TBH'ers... RaiderNation is also on a Walker pasture nearby... pretty good gang of us!

Comment

That’s a cool one, love those wide bucks.
            Thanks.
            Looked awesome when he walked out. He was a big bodied deer too. Live weight was 215lbs.

Comment

Sheesh it’s hot. 84*

Comment

Do you know which Walker pasture you border? The ranch we hunt is over 70,000 acres and we are pretty much smack dab in the middle of it. There are only 2 short boundaries that are not Walker property where we hunt. One though is a high fence so likely not that one... Kyle1974 also has property in the area as do a couple other TBH'ers... RaiderNation is also on a Walker pasture nearby... pretty good gang of us!

We border the hilltop ranch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=jaker_cc;15249903]As Mr. Gary Moseley from Houston would say, lots of deer but no sophisticated ones.

Good luck neighbor! Too hot for us down there right now. Next time you talk to Mose, ask him to tell you what a "dude" is.

Comment

Webb County Live Season

[quote=sir huntsalot;15264248]
                    As Mr. Gary Moseley from Houston would say, lots of deer but no sophisticated ones.

Good luck neighbor! Too hot for us down there right now. Next time you talk to Mose, ask him to tell you what a "dude" is.
                    It’s dang sure hot down here!! Hunting tripods and open quad pods in the afternoons. Being in a box blind would be suicidal in this heat.

I’ll sure ask him next time I see him
                    Last edited by jaker_cc; 11-19-2020, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Lots of movement all afternoon. Saw a few new bucks and one that I should have shot. He’s one we are trying to get before the rut this year. It’s hard to shoot when new deer are showing up all afternoon.

Comment

You back in the stand jaker cc?

Comment

I sat this morning where that big buck was last seen. Lots of the usual cast of characters. I did see one big bodied deer down about 400 yards that I didn’t get a good look at, he was mature looking from what I saw of his body. Headed back there this afternoon

Comment

Is it still hot? I'll be there Sunday-Wednesday with my 2 grandsons... Sure hope I can at least get them on a doe or two and some kind of mgt. deer... Heck, they'd be happy with a java-pig... I'd as soon they didn't shoot those cause "Pappa" ain't in the mood for skinnin' n fleas when it's 90 degrees out!

Comment

Great looking Deer!

Comment

Is it still hot? I'll be there Sunday-Wednesday with my 2 grandsons... Sure hope I can at least get them on a doe or two and some kind of mgt. deer... Heck, they'd be happy with a java-pig... I'd as soon they didn't shoot those cause "Pappa" ain't in the mood for skinnin' n fleas when it's 90 degrees out!

It’s 84* here right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X