Prayers for Pistol please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
    Well, dang! The foot orthopedic said today that I have a broken heel, he was just shocked it wasn't shattered. I have to wear a orthopedic boot for the next 4 weeks when I am not in the house. :-/
    Dadgummit!!!

I was just about to say you can't catch a break, but then I thought how fortunate you are that your fall did not cause more permanent damage. Still...I hate this issue with your foot!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Dadgummit!!!

I was just about to say you can't catch a break, but then I thought how fortunate you are that your fall did not cause more permanent damage. Still...I hate this issue with your foot!
      That's what I keep doing. I think "this sucks!" and then "wow! I'm so lucky!"
      Both doctors marvelled that I wasn't more seriously injured. Both said most people that fall 13 feet need surgery to rebuild crushed or shattered bones. I told them I really did fall 13 feet, my sister and I measured it with a tape measure back in August

Comment

prayers up for pistol!

Comment

You keep getting better girl! And listen to the docs!

Comment

Continued prayers for you pistol. Glad ur doin better

Comment

Thought I would give an update. I haven't had sharp pain in a few weeks; mostly my back has muscle pain and fatigue if I am up too long. I am working about 6 hours a day. I still wear the brace all the time unless I am lying down. I won't see the doctors until after Hagerman Segment C (yep, I was drawn! )

My broken heel has been more of a problem. I can't put the walking boot on myself because I can't bend over, so I have to get some one else to put it on, or go without it. Heh-heh guess what usually happens!

Overall I am still in good spirits because I am still surprised at how lucky, or blessed, I was! God was definitely intervening! So here's is my spiritual testimony- I regularly go to church on Sunday but rarely go during the week. The Wednesday before opening day about 30 minutes before mass started, I told my husband that I suddenly have a strong urge to go to church and so I went. Every doctor that has examined me has been shocked that I wasn't much more severely injured or paralyzed. I told them my guardian angel was checking her text messages when I stepped off the platform but she made sure I landed on her when I hit the ground!

God is great!

and in another 4 weeks I'll be in therapy and maybe by January able to pull a bow.

Comment

Great news. Don't push it, even though I know you want to!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                  Thought I would give an update. I haven't had sharp pain in a few weeks; mostly my back has muscle pain and fatigue if I am up too long. I am working about 6 hours a day. I still wear the brace all the time unless I am lying down. I won't see the doctors until after Hagerman Segment C (yep, I was drawn! )

My broken heel has been more of a problem. I can't put the walking boot on myself because I can't bend over, so I have to get some one else to put it on, or go without it. Heh-heh guess what usually happens!

Overall I am still in good spirits because I am still surprised at how lucky, or blessed, I was! God was definitely intervening! So here's is my spiritual testimony- I regularly go to church on Sunday but rarely go during the week. The Wednesday before opening day about 30 minutes before mass started, I told my husband that I suddenly have a strong urge to go to church and so I went. Every doctor that has examined me has been shocked that I wasn't much more severely injured or paralyzed. I told them my guardian angel was checking her text messages when I stepped off the platform but she made sure I landed on her when I hit the ground!

God is great!

and in another 4 weeks I'll be in therapy and maybe by January able to pull a bow.

Great news!

We’ll see ya back on the 3D scene before you know it!

Comment

Great news and. Continued prayers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great news.

Comment

Good news. So glad you are doing well.

Comment

Good to hear, keep at it.

Comment

Glad to hear you are improving. Prayers Continuing.

Comment

Working...
                            X