No announcement yet.

NKD (New Kayak Day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all sure are helping to bring back the bug I thought was gone. Currently been kayak free for about 6 months and thought I was good.

Comment

Great lookin yaks!

I used to have that bug bad! To busy these days but maybe one day soon...

Comment

I would like to have one. May start working on it,just don't know which one I'd use or like the best.

Comment

Very nice!
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Looks nice! I want a Yak in the worst way!

Comment

Zach and I took the yaks to the lake this evening. The fish weren't biting at all (east wind), but we got to paddle a bunch. We traded off and paddled each one.

The FeelFree doesn't track as well as the Kaku. Zach has only paddled a kayak 3 or 4 times before. He had a harder time keeping it going in a straight line. After we traded boats, he had no trouble at all paddling the Kaku straight. I didn't have any trouble keeping the FeelFree going straight, but if I wanted to turn it I could get it to turn sharp in a hurry. I'll probably put a rudder on it just to make it easier for newbies to get it to track.

The Kaku might be slightly faster, but the FeelFree will go too.

The FeelFree is even more stable than the Kaku. The Kaku will lean slightly (maybe an inch or two) to either side when you're standing, and then it locks in. The FeelFree doesn't even rock or lean much. It's just stable. It's a little wider than the Kaku.

The FeelFree seat is awesome. Love the adjustability, especially the extra height for fishing. The Kaku seat is very comfortable too. It's set at a "medium" height that is a good balance for a fixed seat. The back is a little higher. That adds to the comfort.

Both are great boats to fish out of. I don't know which one will end up being my favorite. Time will tell maybe. First impression is that I'd probably take the Kaku to the lake and the FeelFree to the river. I need to get them out on a river to see if I'm right. But the differences aren't very big. They'll both do well on both lakes and rivers.

Comment

Awesome pictures Shane. Kayaks seem quick and easy to get on the water. Trailered boats were always a hassle. My wife and I are going to take the pop up and our Kayaks up on the Delaware River this weekend. We will take a shuttle up about 8 miles and fish our way back down to the camp ground. Should be around 90 this weekend up here so it will feel great being out on the water. The Delaware River up through NE PA is beautiful.

Comment

That sounds like fun, Phil. Take some pictures!

You mentioned a trailer. I may need one now. These two kayaks are too wide to fit together inside my pickup bed. I either need to get a roof rack for my pickup or a trailer so I can haul them both. We had to haul one in my truck and one in Zach's truck today.

Comment

Lot of options for Kayak racks. I can get 3 on my pop up no problem and if I didn't have an A/C unit on it I could get 4 or 5. I'm waiting for some rails for my wife's Edge but I think I can get 3 on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm probably gonna go with some kind of roof or bed rack rather than a trailer. I don't want to have to figure out where to park a trailer. I have a bed cover on my truck that folds back, so that complicates the bed rack thinking a bit.

Comment

Good to see that you found a kayak Shane. We should put a TBH fall fishing trip together somewhere awesome with all the other yak owners. Preferably somewhere that we can fly fish.

Comment

Very nice. I am beginning my research now on yaks and trying to decide which one to go with.

Comment

Very cool. Now you need to produce some fish pics

Comment

Originally posted by pblaetz View Post
                              Awesome pictures Shane. Kayaks seem quick and easy to get on the water. Trailered boats were always a hassle. My wife and I are going to take the pop up and our Kayaks up on the Delaware River this weekend. We will take a shuttle up about 8 miles and fish our way back down to the camp ground. Should be around 90 this weekend up here so it will feel great being out on the water. The Delaware River up through NE PA is beautiful.
                              The Delaware is nice. There is a old RR bridge we would jump off of down river road and 80. Fun times.

Comment

Originally posted by Texaskid82 View Post
                                The Delaware is nice. There is a old RR bridge we would jump off of down river road and 80. Fun times.
                                We are going to start right around Route 80 and head about 8 miles down to Mt. Bethel. I can promise you though, I won't be jumping off any railroad bridges! I'm sure the river is crazy crowded with tubers, canoes and rafts. Hopefully we will be able to side skirt them. I live about 45 miles south of the Delaware Water Gap on the Jersey side. I'm only 5 miles east of the river so hopefully we are able to get out at least one evening a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X