Need help with Smith & Wesson revolver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Smith & Wesson revolver

I picked this Smith & Wesson model 19 combat magnum revolver up new in the cardboard box still wrapped in the wax paper. Never been fired. It has a 6 inch barrel. From my research it was made in 1982. It's a beautiful revolver. 100 % condition. Still has the sticker on the bottom of the grips panels. Any help on value would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Try gunbroker

Comment

That’s delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
        Try gunbroker
        I did. The values are all over the place

Comment

My SWAG would be $800 to start. S&W aficionados would probably pay more. My guess is a 6" barrel would be rather hard to find, but I base that on mostly seeing 4" models. Border Patrolman Bill Jordan was one of the drivers behind the creation of this revolver, and the 4" version was very popular with law enforcement back in the day. It's a beautiful example of S&W craftsmanship !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            My SWAG would be $800 to start. S&W aficionados would probably pay more. My guess is a 6" barrel would be rather hard to find, but I base that on mostly seeing 4" models. Border Patrolman Bill Jordan was one of the drivers behind the creation of this revolver, and the 4" version was very popular with law enforcement back in the day. It's a beautiful example of S&W craftsmanship !
            Thank you very much!

Comment

I have the exact same revolver. I have had it since new in 1982. It is a great shooter. I have killed pigs and a doe with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                agreed ^^

Comment

Prices I have seen range from $900 to $1500 and up. If yours is NIB, then it should be more.
                  Last edited by swanjts; 01-08-2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

800-1000 would be where I’d start. However I’d hold onto for a while because that number can only go up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a really nice looking gun!
                      Which dash is it?
                      How did you determine the manufacture date?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

A coworker told me the date by the serial number. 19-5 is what's stamped in the channel for the ejector rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
                          800-1000 would be where I’d start. However I’d hold onto for a while because that number can only go up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I have no intentions of ever getting rid of it. It Wil be passed down to my son.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                            I have no intentions of ever getting rid of it. It Wil be passed down to my son.
                            I’m just curious what you paid because that’s a nice find!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              I’m just curious what you paid because that’s a nice find!!
                              I traded a Ruger 77/17hmr for it

Comment

Working...
                              X