Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rant truck shopping, dodge,ford, Chevy

This truck shopping is such a huge headache and time consuming

I called all my dealerships and gave them my, budget, necessary options and must haves.

First stop was ford, “ yes we have that truck, in your budget and color come on over “
    Truck comes out and I am thinking “ wow kinda fancy for a work truck “
    So I asked the sales guy “ are you positive the truck meets the check list as I don’t want to waste our time “ “ oh yes sir “ so off we go on a test ride “ nice F350 xlt and I like it “ get back to the dealership and sales man disappears in to the smoked glass office, and out pops some slicked down sales manager with my PO , telling me all these fabulous discounts I got and how lucky I am , ect!
    And he will rush over the financial services manager, hands me the PO and it’s
    $21000 over the budget I am not very happy and they explained that chrome, wheels , bumper, ect that I don’t want “ and am replacing with ranch hand “ will be loaded up in the truck and I can get good money selling it all to a body shop or on the internet or I can save it all in my garage and have it put back on when I decide to sell it or trade it later
    I politely declined

Off to the ram fleet dealer manager, I recovered my , needs, and budget with her and she sent over a sales guy, and i re recovered my needs and budget, he brings out a very nice looking ram 2500 6.7 , and off we go on a test drive “ powerful truck with a not so good interior ( no power seats and a tiny radio/ backup camera, and terrible instruments panel) but price is right, so back at the dealership I am giving it the once over before writing the check $46975 + TTL
    I notice it has no trailer hitch or wiring, and no gooseneck hitch ( it’s a 900 lbs of torque diesel truck with no way to tow unless I want to upgrade with more options = more money) and it has the smallest fuel cell they make also.
    So it’s a no deal sales guy does tell me in a couple of weeks he can deliver a truck that meets my requirements @ approximately the same price and get me a ranch hand front guard for a couple hundred bucks if I don’t mind that it comes off a trade in. But must sign a PO today “ maybe but call me when you can get one with a tow package and a 34 gallon fuel cell “
    I leave wondering who would buy a $50000 diesel incapable of towing any type of trailer? And why stock and pay inventory on one “ maybe some people buy them to just be a grocery getter or mall crawlers “

Now final stop next door at Chevy, they have a duramax, but in a LTZ trim, but it’s slightly out of my price zone and not in a color I want ( black with black interior) lots of Crome, leather ect. They can get me a WT or LT trim in a couple of weeks, but can’t offer any discounts or incentives pushing it out of my price comfort zone

Sorry for the rant but I feel exhausted, defeated and frustrated “ the wife is gloating that I should have just used our usaa car buying service “
    Now I just hope I can just stand the 100+ marketing calls I will get from these dealerships on “ how can we earn your business and close these deals”

You can buy my 2011 Ford F-250 Lariat

Comment

Mine is an f250 front end ranch hand replacement, gooseneck package, spray in bed liner, xlt premium package and sub $50k.

Keep looking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think one reason I keep vehicles so long is how bad I hate shopping for one so bad....lol

Comment

Now that you have driven each truck.

Don’t waste your time going in to the dealers anymore. Do all your negotiating online. It’s much easier and usually pain free.

Don’t go there until you get the deal in writing in a buyers invoice. Bid dealers against each other by seeing if they can beat the lowest price you get on the buyers invoice.

Found and found you go. You’ll save quite a bit this way

Comment

I just went through this. Spent countless hours at 6 or 7 different dealership.
            I found the truck I wanted for the price I wanted to pay and then shopped each dealership for the most add-ons. It took a couple of months but I bought one.
            Buying a new truck takes the fun out of having a new truck.

Comment

Try going to cargurus.com. they post some awesome deals on some awesome trucks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have the time, figure out exactly what you want and special order it. The way they kits trucks out these days drives me crazy. AND you can still get a good deal on a special order. Back in March, I got out the door (including TT&L) for about $5k under sticker on a special order 2019 F250. It was at the dealer in five weeks.

Comment

There are plenty of shops that will install hitches, wiring, and camera upgrades cheaper than the dealer will. The Dodge deal didn’t sound too bad.

Ford showing you a truck at $21k over your budget is chicken crap.

Comment

Get with Tony Gonsalez on TBH he can probably get you what you are looking for. With 2020 models fixing to take up the showrooms soon you should be able to find a deal on a 19.

Comment

Bought mine off the inter-webs. Auto Trader. Compared all prices from the different dealerships on there comparing apple's to apples. Only set foot on the dealership to sign the papers and pick it up. Worked well for me. Heck I think some will even e-sign then deliver it to your house.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by bakin7005; 08-18-2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

I have a salesman in Madisonville that I've been using for years. I get a price from him check his price and he is always cheaper. And there all to expensive just the price of doing business [emoji16]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a good experience at Carmax with State Farm Bank financing. I drove my 1999 GMC Sierra finally started having engine issues, it will run right now with AC, I believe my head gasket is leaking as never seen before sludge is in the my oil. Last month I bought 2018 Sierra SLT new to me. I have always hated the buying experience but this went smooth. New truck prices are insane,good luck.

Comment

I just used Usaa car buying service to get my wife a new car after hers got totaled last month. I will say that was the most painless car buying experience I’ve had.

Comment

Mac Haik was the easiest ever on my new crew cab
                              Went on July 5 and it wasn’t busy.
                              Salesman Jason Chan.

BP

Comment

Working...
                              X