NFA question on moving??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFA question on moving??

If you move do you need to amend your trust? What paperwork is required with ATF?

If you have a registered SBR etched with your trust name and city do you have to re-etch the new city on the registered serialized item (i.e. AR lower)?

I was told no by my NFA lawyer on the trust address.

I can’t answer for certain on the engraving but my understanding of the engraving is that it states where the firearm was “made”, not where possessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Engraving is the county where it was made.
      If you move in-state you don’t have to do anything.
      If you move out of state you have to fill out a form 5320.20

Comment

Why would your trust have your address in it?

Comment

Great questions for your attorney.

Comment

Going through something similar. Lawyer told me I didn't have to worry about it since I was staying in the same city.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
              Great questions for your attorney.

Cause I gotta pay him to get questions answered LOL. Pick up phone hit the timer. You know the drill.

This one seemed simple enough to ask my fellow TBHers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I moved while I waited on my form 4. I also did a trust. All that matters is that your ID has the same address as your current residence on your form you fill out when you pick it up. Granted, I only moved within the same county. Not sure about etching on an SBR.
                Last edited by blaqkpanda; 08-14-2019, 08:21 PM. Reason: added only moved w/i county

Comment

I called Sean Cody when we moved and he said as long as I stayed in Texas that I didn't have to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
                    Cause I gotta pay him to get questions answered LOL. Pick up phone hit the timer. You know the drill.

This one seemed simple enough to ask my fellow TBHers

Trade off is you get what you pay for and free advice on TBH is no different.
                    You going to tell an ATF agent that blaqkpanda on Texas Bownhunter said it was OK so you're good?

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                      Trade off is you get what you pay for and free advice on TBH is no different.
                      You going to tell an ATF agent that blaqkpanda on Texas Bownhunter said it was OK so you're good?

The entire system is a joke dude. I trust some of these TBH brethren who I know know this stuff. I will consultant my NFA attorney as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
                        The entire system is a joke dude.
                        No argument there!

Comment

Working...
                        X