Comanche county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comanche county

Has anyone been hunting Comanche county are they chasing hard yet going up Thursday morning staying till Tuesday

ttt for ya Tracy. And good luck hunting.

Comment

Buddy hunted last weekend and said they were showing signs of pre rut. Another buddy will be headed up tomorrow and I’ll be there early Friday. Still really green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are chasing. This past weekend was warm!! We went out with thermals to shoot pigs and saw bucks chasing in every pasture we went too. Daylight movement was little except right at dark and early early morning. Would get I stand super early in the mornings to hopefully not spook anything

Comment

I hunt in Comanche not far from the water tower there in town, and they are pre-rutting well. Had a nice young ten dogging does this past weekend. I'd be willing to bet this upcoming weekend should be really good! It's still green everywhere, but the deer seemed to favor the feeder while I was there. Saw good activity. Good luck to you!

Comment

Just south of you in northern Mills. They've been chasing pretty hard at my place for several weeks. Last weekend was the same, bucks of all sizes chasing like crazy and the mature bucks on lock down with does. When we left Sunday, we saw about 10 bucks chasing before we got to the pavement.

Comment

Comanche

Hopefully this cold front will really get them moving. Iam between Deleon and Gorman. On the Sabana river that-splits 2- 100 acres wheat field it ought to be game on this weekend

Comment

Ttt

Ttt

Comment

I hunt in southern Comanche county near Mills county and they’re chasing. Just out of curiosity, what would be considered a good deer in this area. I keep seeing an 8 point that should be 10 but he doesn’t have brow tines. I think he would be 120-130. I’m having a hard time deciding if I should shoot him. This is the first year on this place and don’t know what to expect. He’s definitely the best buck I’ve seen yet out of about 4 days of hunting. It’s a small place, only 160 acres.

Comment

Originally posted by hilltop101 View Post
                    I hunt in southern Comanche county near Mills county and they’re chasing. Just out of curiosity, what would be considered a good deer in this area. I keep seeing an 8 point that should be 10 but he doesn’t have brow tines. I think he would be 120-130. I’m having a hard time deciding if I should shoot him. This is the first year on this place and don’t know what to expect. He’s definitely the best buck I’ve seen yet out of about 4 days of hunting. It’s a small place, only 160 acres.
                    That’s a good deer for the area. Some guys grow some 140-150 but I promise it took them some time. A 130” deer is good.

Comment

I hunt near Gustine. They are chasing for sure. All camera pics and deer I've seen has been running. Almost punched a spike in the face the other day walking out that thought I was a doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X