Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D u s t y View Post
    I was thinking about going for a walk next week and seeing what turns up
    Milkweed in those fields is brutal. 7 and 8 ft tall, Overgrown in a lot of areas until you get in the timber. Not much sign out there yet from what I found. Another 3 weeks and it should start getting ripe

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
      Milkweed in those fields is brutal. 7 and 8 ft tall, Overgrown in a lot of areas until you get in the timber. Not much sign out there yet from what I found. Another 3 weeks and it should start getting ripe

Is that milkweed or ragweed? I've been searching for some milkweed to collect the pods to use as wind checkers.

Comment

Originally posted by agwrestler View Post
        Is that milkweed or ragweed? I've been searching for some milkweed to collect the pods to use as wind checkers.
        Ragweed sir. Sorry. [emoji16]

Comment

Ragweed sir. Sorry. [emoji16]

That stuff is killing me right now. Hope the rain knocks some of it down soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
            That stuff is killing me right now. Hope the rain knocks some of it down soon.
            I started through the middle of it trying to get to a giant cottonwood tree 100 yards away. I made it 20 yards and turned around. [emoji23]

Comment

I started through the middle of it trying to get to a giant cottonwood tree 100 yards away. I made it 20 yards and turned around. [emoji23]

It sounds like you couldn’t hack it... har dee har har. But on a serious note, I hate that crap. At Aquila I tried cutting through it with a machete and about an hour later I think I had made it 50-60 yards and was close to having a heat stroke. I know deer won’t bed directly in it but hogs dang sure will. Stuffs terrible but here’s something crazy about it!

From Gene Logsdon Garden Farm Skills If you have never been frightened by a weed other than maybe poison ivy, you have not yet faced a battalion of giant ragweeds (Ambrosia trifida) advancing resol…

Comment

I spent 5 hours out there thursday. Parked in the lot off bobcat and walked up the road to the creek. Then cut over under 377. Access really does suck. I walked for at least 2 hours in and didn't even come close to reaching the western part. Found a little sigh and maybe a spot or two. I will have to go again this week.

Can anyone one tell me what the trail with the orange paint markers is called?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                  It sounds like you couldn’t hack it... har dee har har. But on a serious note, I hate that crap. At Aquila I tried cutting through it with a machete and about an hour later I think I had made it 50-60 yards and was close to having a heat stroke. I know deer won’t bed directly in it but hogs dang sure will. Stuffs terrible but here’s something crazy about it!

https://thecontraryfarmer.wordpress....giant-ragweed/
                  [emoji23][emoji23] I was trying to get to the cottonwood Big Anthony sent me in there to check out. I couldn't hack it. You are correct. I do believe this is gonna be a Kayak entrance year at the vine. I just need you to guide me Shane. [emoji16]

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23] I was trying to get to the cottonwood Big Anthony sent me in there to check out. I couldn't hack it. You are correct. I do believe this is gonna be a Kayak entrance year at the vine. I just need you to guide me Shane. [emoji16]

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why everyone get tight lipped?? Quiet thread considering its getting so close to tree time! maybe its because the vine has nothing to offer ! Anyone been out scouting yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post

https://thecontraryfarmer.wordpress....giant-ragweed/
                        just read the ragweed article ,LOL maybe all that protein is what grows those giants that dont exist out there !

Comment

Why everyone get tight lipped?? Quiet thread considering its getting so close to tree time! maybe its because the vine has nothing to offer ! Anyone been out scouting yet?
                          Been doing a little scouting...super excited for the privledge to hunt for my last year living in the city. Just wish I could start hunting sooner than 10/20.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                            Been doing a little scouting...super excited for the privledge to hunt for my last year living in the city. Just wish I could start hunting sooner than 10/20.
                            Ya the later start kinda sucks and I'm sure the early youth hunts aren't just overwhelmed with hunter numbers. We would all probably love that extra 3 1/2 extra weeks to get it done out there. Bow hunting is hard enough Without time restrictions. Wanna kill big deer then pay your seat dues. I'll have 21 days of straight hunting for me in November and it will take all of that time more than likely. Unless Kirby helps me [emoji16] or Anthony. I can't rely on the Doeminator or the Dappers.

Comment

Ya the later start kinda sucks and I'm sure the early youth hunts aren't just overwhelmed with hunter numbers. We would all probably love that extra 3 1/2 extra weeks to get it done out there. Bow hunting is hard enough Without time restrictions. Wanna kill big deer then pay your seat dues. I'll have 21 days of straight hunting for me in November and it will take all of that time more than likely. Unless Kirby helps me [emoji16] or Anthony. I can't rely on the Doeminator or the Dappers.

Shoot, you don't need help! You have it figured out. You'll be showing us all how it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                                Shoot, you don't need help! You have it figured out. You'll be showing us all how it's done.
                                All I know how to show anyone is how to be ruthlessly persistent and sit for days. Patience is all I know. The rest is just luck in my opinion [emoji6]

Comment

Working...
                                X