grip reshape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grip reshape

Shot my Massie longhorn for quite some time. Just picked up a Massie recurve from a family member. I need the grip reshaped on the recurve. Little too high wristed for me. Any recommendations out there?

2bears on leather wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where r u at? Just about any bowyer can reshape a grip. It’s pretty easy. I redid the grip on my stalker, and it was a much better feel afterwards!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A wood rasp, a sanding drum for a drill, and some sandpaper is about all that you need to fix that bow. There is a lot of satisfaction in personalizing a bow. Go slow and enjoy the process.

Comment

Personally, I would leave the grip as it is. Jeff quit making bows many years ago. The bow in my avatar is one of my longhorns and I also have one of his recurves.

Comment

I'm in Victoria, Tx. I'd like to leave the bow alone but sadly the arrow is taking hide off of the web of my hand every shot and I believe that Massie would prefer his bows to be shot.

Comment

Originally posted by markzles View Post
              I'm in Victoria, Tx. I'd like to leave the bow alone but sadly the arrow is taking hide off of the web of my hand every shot and I believe that Massie would prefer his bows to be shot.
              In that case I would reshape the grip. I agree that Jeff would want his bows to be shot.

Comment

Originally posted by markzles View Post

Something does not sound quite right! Are you sure your arrows are well tuned to the bow? Have you tried using the opposite wing fetching from what your arrows currently have, or even just turning your arrow 180* and shooting cock feather in???? Sometimes, it’s very small things that can make very big differences!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  Something does not sound quite right! Are you sure your arrows are well tuned to the bow? Have you tried using the opposite wing fetching from what your arrows currently have, or even just turning your arrow 180* and shooting cock feather in???? Sometimes, it’s very small things that can make very big differences!

Bisch

Bisch,

Ill have to show you the bow, maybe a picture later. Not much throat, i guess you would say, under the shelf.

Comment

Working...
                  X