No announcement yet.

This truck looks interesting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting I have seen one of these in SW La. It was on IH10 between Sulphur and the Sabine River. It had some type of company logo on the doors in blue. It was possibly a meter service company?

It peaked my memory as I have see the HiLux in overseas photos, maybe Africa and some off road pages.

Looks like a decent ride and supposedly legendary.

Comment

Great trucks but the emissions is from what I have read is why Toyota doesn't sell them in the USA. I have seen a few and talked to them. They said they drove them across the Mexico border when they moved or visiting this way.

Comment

From what I heard from a dealer is there are working out the emissions. This would be by the Toyota headquarters in North Dallas so would make sense they can work on that their if they like. Don't see why they can't figure out emissions. Most the diesels we drive now still haven't figured it out.

Comment

Seen em in mexico before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw those in kuwait and iraq. The ford rangers over seas are nice also

Comment

For all the folks saying emissions rules prevent them from being imported

How is that one being driven on the road?

Toyota spend the money to modify it or they get a waiver since they area manufacturer or???

Comment

It's legal for it to have Texas plates with manufacturer for on road testing only I believe. Usually testing for American sales when they are close to market sales. No reason to bring one to the US to save a few gallons of gas when your a huge company

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                For all the folks saying emissions rules prevent them from being imported

How is that one being driven on the road?

Toyota spend the money to modify it or they get a waiver since they area manufacturer or???

Comment

Originally posted by TomB View Post
                  I didn’t think they were legal in us due to emissions laws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  They're not, might be in trouble with the popo if they see him driving it in the states.

Comment

Pretty sure with manufacturer plates it's completely legal

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                    They're not, might be in trouble with the popo if they see him driving it in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                      Ah, didn't see the plates.

Comment

This is what I was going to ask about... What are manufacturer plates for or permit an owner to do??

Comment

Someone may know better but my understanding is they use the manufacturer plates for testing possible new vehicles so they don't have to register it and pass emissions. So running this truck in traffic and normal roads may be too get emissions data

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                          This is what I was going to ask about... What are manufacturer plates for or permit an owner to do??

Comment

Wonder if you could register one as a 'Farm Truck'?

The ones here in Iraq and the 'Stan were pretty capable, not fast, or powerful but would do what you wanted and go where you needed. Same with the ones down in Argentina, though those were expensive. Might be time some were hitting the 25yr age and be importable now if you could find one cheap enough......

Comment

You would be correct.

Comment

Look em up on Youtube.Pretty entertaining stuff!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X