Polaris Ranger vs. Kawasaki Mule...opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris Ranger vs. Kawasaki Mule...opinions

I am looking to retire in a year or so and building our retirement home on 10 acres in Burnet county.

I am looking to get a SxS UTV to toodle around around on and do various functions on the property.

I have seen many Polaris Rangers for sale and a few Kawasaki Mules for sale

the Mules I have seen are the 4010 model, some Diesel. And...some newer PRO models.

This tells me that Polaris is popular and the Mule is not ... or Polaris is problem plagued and the Mule is a more solid unit that is not on the market as much.

So... Y'alls thoughts...Ranger or Mule ... or is it a Ford/Chevy type of deal????

If you’re using it to mess around your place and work out of, then get a Mule.

Comment

If you want to actually ride it vs. unload it at repair shop I’d go mule. Every Polaris I’ve ever had any dealings with was in the shop more than on the property

The old mules are tanks. They are slow and ride rough…. But so is a tank.

The mule pro is better riding and better power than the old war horse

Diesel….. I wouldn’t have one if it was give to me
      My top 10 in off road transportation:
      1. Can am
      2. Honda
      3. Kawasaki
      4 Yamaha
      5 cub cadet
      6 Chevy Astro van
      7.roller skate
      8. Broken flip flop
      9. Pogo stick
      10. Polaris

Comment

I can only speak for the Kawasaki Mule since I own one. I have a 2006 Mule 610 that I cannot seem to break. It has only been in the shop three times for “issues” since purchased. None of the issues ever cost me more than $460 when taken in for repair. I had to have a new starter put in during the 2020 season. On that trip I put in new LED headlights, oil change, filter, and drain the gas tank. That was the repair that cost me $460. I would say this.....you will not find as many Kawasaki Mules for sale because people hang on to them longer. Just my two cents. If the motor craters then I will buy another Kawasaki Mule.

Comment

Mule Pro FXT all day long. Gas. Don’t mess with a diesel.

I had a Ranger, sold it and bought the Mule. When I was shopping I was only interested in CanAm or Mule. Polaris was not even on the list.

Comment

Since the post is between Polaris and Kawasaki I vote Kawasaki, but I have a Kubota diesel x1140.

Comment

Reason so many Rangers are for sale, they are junk. Mule Pro FXT all day.

Comment

Mule. I have a 2011 4010 and it has never let me down. I’ve thought about getting a new one, but I can’t justify it because mine runs so well and is so dependable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Low Fence nailed it. Get a mule pro.

We ranch every day with ours. In our experience, Polaris just ain't cut out for the day in, day out work.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

My family and I really enjoy our pro fxt. Hauls a lot of people or stuff. More of either one when you want. 3 year warranty. Great for working around the property or cruising. We take it to the mountains and ride around. I wouldn’t get the diesel they are much louder than the gas.

The pro fxt lacks the glitz of a Polaris. They’re not fast or sporty. I think that’s why you don’t see them for sale as much - they appeal to a different crowd. I also think ppl that buy them hang on to them.

Comment

Ive owned 2 Polaris ATV's and that was 2 too many.. Both were total junk from the get go. I can't imagine dropping the kind of coin they are asking for those UTV's...

Comment

I owned a mule pro for 2 years. Zero issues, quiet and plenty of power. I would definitely buy another.

Comment

We have bought Polaris,Kawasaki,Gator,Kubota,Yamaha and Can-am and Polaris is by far the best we have used. I also own a 2016 Polaris and it’s never seen a wrench besides an oil change.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            If you want to actually ride it vs. unload it at repair shop I’d go mule. Every Polaris I’ve ever had any dealings with was in the shop more than on the property

The old mules are tanks. They are slow and ride rough…. But so is a tank.

The mule pro is better riding and better power than the old war horse

Diesel….. I wouldn’t have one if it was give to me
                            My top 10 in off road transportation:
                            1. Can am
                            2. Honda
                            3. Kawasaki
                            4 Yamaha
                            5 cub cadet
                            6 Chevy Astro van
                            7.roller skate
                            8. Broken flip flop
                            9. Pogo stick
                            10. Polaris

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If toodleing is your passion, it probably doesn't matter! But mules are better. I have a kubota 1140 and it serves me well - slow and strong as an ox. Hydraulic bed. Kawasaki and Honda for overall reliability!

Comment

Working...
                              X