Covid and back pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid and back pain

Started feeling like crap last Saturday evening. Was able to get tested Sunday and I tested positive for COVID. My symptoms were…fever (lasted maybe 12 hours), very mild congestion/cough. My worse symptom however has been fairly intense lower back pain. This pain has persisted now for 7 days. Pain relievers help, but walking around and doing general things are not pleasant.

Covid swept through our house with the kid’s getting it first. My daughter complained of a sore back for 1-1/2 days. My wife’s coworker also had back pain but it only lasted for 3 days.

Anybody else experience this? Any recommendations for treatment?

I'm having some. I think it's from constant coughing.

Comment

It was my mid and upper back between the shoulder blades. Bad enough I couldn't sleep 6 nights. Only thing that helped was laying in super hot bath water. But as soon as I got out it hurt again

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
        It was my mid and upper back between the shoulder blades. Bad enough I couldn't sleep 6 nights. Only thing that helped was laying in super hot bath water. But as soon as I got out it hurt again
        I didn't think I had the Rona. Actually thought it was a sinus infection and read the back pain you described can be a symptom. Had the same pain. Didn't sleep more than an hour 4 or 5 nights in a row and there was no way to lay or sit that didn't hurt. Only way to make the pain go away was to stand and walk around.

I never got tested, but gave it to my wife and she had to for work. Came back positive.

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
          It was my mid and upper back between the shoulder blades.
          Same here. First symptom I had

Comment

Fever was first the day after Christmas.
            Then Major fatigue and soreness.
            My back is Still pretty sore , but it was much worse.
            I finally home tested negative yesterday
            And will get another test today to confirm.
            This Ride wasn't Nice at all.. 14 days layed up..
            My Wife's elbow to the back and shoulders
            And a lot of Biofreeze helped some..
            Last edited by BigOh!; 01-09-2022, 08:02 AM.

Comment

On my 3rd day of COVID Omni, yes my back was killing me , can only sleep a couple hours then need more Advil or narco pain med
              Try zincs, Benadryl, melatonin, Advil for relief
              I used those thermal patches also

Comment

I had back pain, for the first three days, only when I had a fever. Which I only had a fever in the mornings and at night. The second two afternoons, I had zero symptoms. Then the third day, the only symptom I had was a very weird feeling in my head, that changed throughout the day. Then the fourth day, the back pain came back, but no fever. The back pain lasted till day six, that was my last day of symptoms. The fourth and fifth mornings I woke up with most of the muscles in my legs aching. I think it was the fourth day, I woke up extremely tired, zero energy, did not feel like getting out of bed, but I got up and went to work.

I did not start to cough, till all of the other symptoms had been gone for a few days. Not even sure if the coughing, I am having now, is even related to the covid.

Comment

This makes me think I had it a few weeks ago when I thought it was allergies. Back pain was brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                    This makes me think I had it a few weeks ago when I thought it was allergies. Back pain was brutal.
                    Very possible, I am highly allergic to cedar and it’s cedar fever time and it wasn’t till my fever and back pain started and whole house got some self test and one ER test + , did we think COVID Omni

Comment

Go walk is best advice I have

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        Go walk is best advice I have
                        This right here!

I had extreme back pain, felt like I got worked over with a ball bat. It lasted about 24 hours of brutal pain. I kept remembering body in motion and that God built our bodies to be resilient. I didn’t feel like it but I made myself fight through the pain and fatigue by being active. I feel my recovery was much faster because of it.

Move around, push yourself and move some more.

Comment

Yes. Hydrate. Dose salt…then hydrate some more. Plus Aceteminophen.
                          It takes something like 16oz of water to make 1oz of mucus. Thereabouts. Youre body is dehydrating itself for mucus production even if you arent mucusy …therefore there is less water to cushion your spine and joints.

Gig’em Ag.

Comment

I had back pain too. Thought it was my mattress, I picked up something really heavy, or kidney stones. Started chugging water but it kept hurting. I never tested positive for the Rona, but pretty sure I had it.

Comment

Wife on 3rd day of it and backpain pretty bad too, sitting in my recliner with ice pack rest of symptoms mild. She does have a bad back and had back surgeries before. Said she feels like she's been runover.

Comment

Working...
                              X