Urgent Care Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent Care Visit

Taking my daughter to local urgent care this morning as she has had headache, sore throat & fever past 2-3 days
    I pull up as you have to call from parking lot. The lady answers and ask the typical personal info & address and insurance verification. Then she turns around and flat out asks if we just need a Covid test.
    I’m like well she’s experienced these symptoms past 2-3 days so I figure I’d bring her in for y’all to evaluate & test if it’s flu, strep, Covid ???
    So is it automatic to assume you want a Covid test or it’s a higher probability you have Covid over anything else?
    I didn’t realize I was supposed to rule out all the other possibilities of strep, flu & come here just for Covid testing
    Geez

Not sure I understand the problem. Dr's diagnose by ruling out.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Yea, pretty much. I would not take it so personal. Some of the places in our area are over-whelmed and probably make a pretty educated guess. Hopefully it is not covid related.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
        Taking my daughter to local urgent care this morning as she has had headache, sore throat & fever past 2-3 days
        I pull up as you have to call from parking lot. The lady answers and ask the typical personal info & address and insurance verification. Then she turns around and flat out asks if we just need a Covid test.
        I’m like well she’s experienced these symptoms past 2-3 days so I figure I’d bring her in for y’all to evaluate & test if it’s flu, strep, Covid ???
        So is it automatic to assume you want a Covid test or it’s a higher probability you have Covid over anything else?
        I didn’t realize I was supposed to rule out all the other possibilities of strep, flu & come here just for Covid testing
        Geez
        The family and I took the home test twice for COVID Omni yesterday , decided to stay away from urgent care so we don’t catch the flu also, doing zincs, C&D, Benadryl, Advil. Same symptoms as your daughter
        Hopefully she feels better soon and hopefully no one else catches it
        Peace be with you
        S-3

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Basically I want them to check her symptoms & such
          I was asked if we just wanted a Covid test only

Maybe I’m not up to date on the new process
          I used to take the kids in to urgent care & they evaluated & based on onset of symptoms, how long, progression of anything worsening, look at their throat, into the ears, check breathing & any fluid on lung sounds they would determine what test were needed

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Yea, pretty much. I would not take it so personal. Some of the places in our area are over-whelmed and probably make a pretty educated guess. Hopefully it is not covid related.

You ain’t never lied!!
            Every Covid testing spot and emergency care within 20 miles of Aldine has a LONG LINE.
            They are overwhelmed I couldn’t imagine having that job right now!

Comment

I’m not upset I guess just a little taken back the straight forward “ you just want a Covid test”
              Maybe they are just overwhelmed right now

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                Basically I want them to check her symptoms & such
                I was asked if we just wanted a Covid test only

Maybe I’m not up to date on the new process
                I used to take the kids in to urgent care & they evaluated & based on onset of symptoms, how long, progression of anything worsening, look at their throat, into the ears, check breathing & any fluid on lung sounds they would determine what test were needed
                My mom was sick over Christmas, all test came back negative for covid, went to urgent care and they wouldn't test her for the flu, or anything else.
                If you don't have covid, you can go home, that's it.
                Her PP finally diagnosed her with Bronchitis the beginning of this week.
                F'ing clown world 🤦*♂️.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
                  You ain’t never lied!!
                  Every Covid testing spot and emergency care within 20 miles of Aldine has a LONG LINE.
                  They are overwhelmed I couldn’t imagine having that job right now!
                  Shows you how many dumbazzes are out there

Comment

They get paid for each Covid test, plus additional for every positive test. And they don’t have to treat you, just send you on your way. Its much more profitable for them, not to have you come in to be treated for anything.

Comment

OP, assuming your daughter has no prexisting issues that complicate covid, honestly I would go to a Dr that's actually treating covid rather than urgent care center which is just gonna say yup, you got covid, but you got no other underlying issues that put you at risk, so go home and rest, and here's a list of suppliments you should take.

Those urgent care centers are pretty much just making bank off these covid tests, for a version of covid that is less dangerous than the common cold.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                        Shows you how many dumbazzes are out there
                        Some people are truly worried about the virus because of underlying health conditions..
                        I got a Covid test two weeks ago it was negative but had acute sinusitis
                        So am I one of them dumazzs? Asking for a friend?

Comment

Just to clarify…we were still sitting outside in my truck when I was asked the question if I just needed a Covid test. We hadn’t walked into the clinic yet so she wasn’t even seen yet when asked this….Just a little surprised they assumed Covid before even seeing her

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

An educated guess like the time my late fathers dr told him he had spondylitis after a scan and the second option dr found it was cancer in his spine. That type of educated guess?

Comment

The dumbasses are the ones that get tested with no symptoms. If they could, and some probably do, get tested every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X