Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Anesthesia/Surgery and/or Post Covid Brain Fog/Concentration? Anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Anesthesia/Surgery and/or Post Covid Brain Fog/Concentration? Anyone else?

Had my second round of Covid with mild symptoms about 4 weeks ago.

One week ago exactly today I had a surgical procedure and was under general anesthesia.

Haven’t been under general anesthesia in 21 years.

Seemed fine coming out of it and felt mentally fine the first four days.

Day 4 post op ( this Tuesday) I started experiencing some right eye Vision issues and mainly brain fog, concentration, and mental focus issues.

Wednesday went ahead and got my eyes checked. All is near perfect. No issues anywhere even the optic nerve.

Vision stuff for the most part cleared up yesterday.

Wednesday through today some on and off brain fog.

Wednesday and Thursday about mid afternoon fatigue kicking my butt.

Keep in mind I am not sleeping the greatest at all due to being uncomfortable post surgery. Maybe a restful 4 hours and then toss and turn.

I also completely stopped taking all pain meds Tuesday with the first sign of vision and brain fog.

Last 48 hours I am only taking my normal vitamins and ibuprofen

I’m 35 year old and very athletically active and fit after a 3 year transition healthy lifestyle change losing 85lbs. I am currently the best shape of my life.

I know my body and I know I’m not entirely crazy of what I am feeling.

However now my anxiety is so high I am self google diagnosing myself from one crazy extreme to the other. From cancer to MS and everything in between.

Pretty anxious at this point which I know is very counterproductive.

Any info, experience, and prayers of course are much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You ain’t alone man. My wife talks about brain fog everyday. She’s a PA so she’s constantly on the move and using her brain and says she just goes blank sometimes.

She reads a lot of case studies about post Covid symptoms/effects and the most talked about is brain fog and how so many are experiencing it.

Apparently now, penis shrinkage is a post effect.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
      You ain’t alone man. My wife talks about brain fog everyday. She’s a PA so she’s constantly on the move and using her brain and says she just goes blank sometimes.

She reads a lot of case studies about post Covid symptoms/effects and the most talked about is brain fog and how so many are experiencing it.

My stepdad got Covid 14 months ago and still isn't as sharp as he was. And penis shrinkage has to be a last ditch effort to get men vaccinated

Comment

Just got off the phone with a buddy who I haven't talked with in months. He had it back in 2020 right when things started. He said he feels fine but brain fog was something the he said he deals with. Some days worse than others.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
          My stepdad got Covid 14 months ago and still isn't as sharp as he was. And penis shrinkage has to be a last ditch effort to get men vaccinated

That last ditch effort ain’t flowing with me lol

Gotta draw the line [emoji38]

Comment

Took me the better part of six months post COVID to get rid of the brain fog. Had to write everything down. Wife thought I was drinking a lot because I couldn’t remember kids schedules, what we talked about the day before and such.

Comment

You need to rest/sleep. get off your feet for a while until you feel better. Being put under is no joke!

Comment

So if you don’t get an injection you can no longer give an injection? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post

SOB between that and this cold weather I am going to have an innie

Comment

I don’t have the fog but dang I’m tired all the time and can’t kick the cough .

Comment

My wife had a consult for wisdom teeth at an oral surgeon (md) she mentioned just getting over covid, we had it back in mid December. The oral surgeon said he wouldn't perform surgery until AT LEAST 2 months post covid, because he's been having an overwhelming amount of patients that are struggling with anesthesia effects after surgery. Some of the stuff he was talking about is the same sort of stuff you are talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                        My wife had a consult for wisdom teeth at an oral surgeon (md) she mentioned just getting over covid, we had it back in mid December. The oral surgeon said he wouldn't perform surgery until AT LEAST 2 months post covid, because he's been having an overwhelming amount of patients that are struggling with anesthesia effects after surgery. Some of the stuff he was talking about is the same sort of stuff you are talking about!

Man that’s eye opening, I was shocked when they did my surgery so quickly.

I was actually scheduled to do the surgery December 30 but I had Covid so once I tested negative they scheduled the surgery literally only three weeks post a positive test

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                          SOB between that and this cold weather I am going to have an innie
                          Your new screen name can be shenis

Comment

First prayers for a full recovery. My first time I had Covid (3 times so far), I had fatigue and blood pressure issues for several months. It did finally go back to normal. It is a pain in the butt, especially if you have never experienced anything like it. Take care, be patient, and prayers again for a quick and full recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                              Man that’s eye opening, I was shocked when they did my surgery so quickly.

I was actually scheduled to do the surgery December 30 but I had Covid so once I tested negative they scheduled the surgery literally only three weeks post a positive test

Really?? ASA (American Society of Anesthesiologists) recommends at least 4 weeks post “asymptomatic” covid test, and 6 weeks if you had actual symptoms.

Comment

Working...
                              X