Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving for Florida, the Mountains, soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    I hate to break the news but there are no mountains in Florida.

The Silicon Mountain Range on Daytona Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      The Silicon Mountain Range on Daytona Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      And I’m a mountain climber. Put me in coach!

Hope she drills an ibex today!

Comment

N.M ibex rifle

Found this interesting, didn’t know you can rifle hunt them right now? I assume on a different mountain range?
        On New Mexico trophy.com

“” 37 inch billy shot downhill thru the heart in his bed facing directly head on laying on a boulder at 258 yards with a savage long range hunter 300 win mag topped with a zeiss 4.5x14 rapid z 800 sending 165 grain barnes TTSX. ””

“” punched my tag on day 2.5 on the second biggest Billy of the trip seen. G&F has straight up pounded this resource way too hard and between that and the drought I'd lay off applying a year or two for your OIL. Nanny/kid hunts have cratered the population from over 800 to less than 300 on this range. 2 other rifle hunters in camp, one was active military and ate his tag after 5 hard days, one killed a billy in mid 20's that ran over the back of the mountain after I missed his big brother at 450 yards on a very uphill shot over a granite dome on the morning of day two.

Still a great hunt with great guides and I'm happy I got to go. That mountain is a straight up kick in the crotch. And I did it all with a torn meniscus/spaghetti knee and had surgery when I got back; 3 weeks on crutches down, one more to go. Lotta rehab ahead of me.”

Grateful for the opportunity, happy for my trophy
        Attached Files

Comment

Reports dried up. Is the hunt over ?

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
            Found this interesting, didn’t know you can rifle hunt them right now? I assume on a different mountain range?
            On New Mexico trophy.com

“” 37 inch billy shot downhill thru the heart in his bed facing directly head on laying on a boulder at 258 yards with a savage long range hunter 300 win mag topped with a zeiss 4.5x14 rapid z 800 sending 165 grain barnes TTSX. ””

“” punched my tag on day 2.5 on the second biggest Billy of the trip seen. G&F has straight up pounded this resource way too hard and between that and the drought I'd lay off applying a year or two for your OIL. Nanny/kid hunts have cratered the population from over 800 to less than 300 on this range. 2 other rifle hunters in camp, one was active military and ate his tag after 5 hard days, one killed a billy in mid 20's that ran over the back of the mountain after I missed his big brother at 450 yards on a very uphill shot over a granite dome on the morning of day two.

Still a great hunt with great guides and I'm happy I got to go. That mountain is a straight up kick in the crotch. And I did it all with a torn meniscus/spaghetti knee and had surgery when I got back; 3 weeks on crutches down, one more to go. Lotta rehab ahead of me.”

I know the guy that shot that one, it was about a month ago or so.

Comment

Sorry, final update for now.
              My part of the hunt is over, they have another week.
              The hunters are still hunting.. couple decent encounters.
              I needed to get home, left the mountains at 11am the 19th.
              Grabbed a rental car in Las Cruces.
              Got a nice room at the La Quinta in Dalhart Tx.
              Had my 1st shower in 7 days..lol
              Woke up to about an inch or so snow.. slushy roads,
              Met my wife in Wichita at DDENA (dwight d eisenhower national airport) lol
              I went to bed about 10p last night.. woke up and its 11:17, lol

On the way home, i picked up 24 tamales from Kathys Carryout in Albuquerque.

Thank you all for riding along, for the support and encouragement.
              The Green Screen is the best.

Oh, i got to meet Bill Lewellen with One on One Adventures

Comment

Thanks for taking us along. Amazing

Comment

The ability of those animals to scale sheer cliffs is amazing, and I will never understand how they do it. Thanks for the pictures!

Comment

This was an absolute awesome thread.
                    Hope we get an update with one down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                      On New Mexico trophy.com

I’m guessing that was Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
                        Sorry, final update for now.
                        My part of the hunt is over, they have another week.
                        The hunters are still hunting.. couple decent encounters.
                        I needed to get home, left the mountains at 11am the 19th.
                        Grabbed a rental car in Las Cruces.
                        Got a nice room at the La Quinta in Dalhart Tx.
                        Had my 1st shower in 7 days..lol
                        Woke up to about an inch or so snow.. slushy roads,
                        Met my wife in Wichita at DDENA (dwight d eisenhower national airport) lol
                        I went to bed about 10p last night.. woke up and its 11:17, lol

On the way home, i picked up 24 tamales from Kathys Carryout in Albuquerque.

Thank you all for riding along, for the support and encouragement.
                        The Green Screen is the best.

Oh, i got to meet Bill Lewellen with One on One Adventures

Thanks for taking us along Brian!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for taking us along!

Comment

OP, Thank you for posting up this thread… what an accomplishment it would be to paint an arrow red on one of these beasts!

Comment

What subspecies of ibex are those, and where are they native to?

Comment

They are Persian Ibex, i believe 1st transplanted in 1970.
                                Hunters came down, got a shower, a good meal, and went back up yesterday, last night and this morning was more misery with 60mph winds.

A mature Billy can weigh 150, about 36" tall, 30 to the shoulder.
                                Horns can be longer than they are tall.
                                Last edited by Zmaxhunter; 01-22-2022, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X