Entergy Transfer Wants to Cut Power Off in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Bernadette, I'm pretty sure the rr commission could shut them down if they wanted to.
    1. Why would the RR Commission want to shut down a vital infrastructure suppler of needed oil/gas supplies? Why SHOULD they be shut down?

2. My question was about shutting them down at the state line. I’m sorry. I just don’t get you reasoning or rationale.

Comment

Well, if they were price gouging they could be punished by denying them the texas market. I'm sure there are other suppliers who would be willing to step up. When we have hurricane and gas station and other stores inlets their prices the government slaps them.

Comment

Okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          I don’t understand what you are referring to here about shutting them down at the state line? Please explain.
          Energy transfer made a huge profit when the deregulated market went parabolic during the storm. $2.4 Billion and many of these power producers never even took delivery of the gas bought on a market that was being heavily manipulated. I am old enough to remember Enron traders turning off power production in CA so they could"stick it to grandma." All these people saying "just pay your bills" obviously have never seen commodities being traded intraday, during a black swan event. Let me give you a clue, traders are laughing at you all the way to the bank.

Comment

Well, if they were price gouging they could be punished by denying them the texas market. I'm sure there are other suppliers who would be willing to step up. When we have hurricane and gas station and other stores inlets their prices the government slaps them.
            Tell me you don’t know how pipeline infrastructure works without telling me….

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              Tell me you don’t know how pipeline infrastructure works without telling me….
              I know enough to know the Texas RR Commission can shut them down if they want

Comment

I know enough to know the Texas RR Commission can shut them down if they want
                Shut them down. But if they own the only pipe going to your facility good luck finding someone else to give you product.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                  Shut them down. But if they own the only pipe going to your facility good luck finding someone else to give you product.
                  Exactly.

Comment

Fact: Vistra signed the contract knowingly
                    Fact: It was single digit temps.
                    Fact: Prices were bid up due to additional demand. That pricing mechanism shut demand down or switched them to alternate fuels.
                    Fact: Over 5 Bcf of supply was frozen off at the wellhead
                    Fact: Wind turbines froze and could not provide power
                    Editorial: Mother nature provided the record temps. All the rest is arguing over the victim narrative. Ultimately the consumers pay - whether it is a spike every now and then or an increase in rates over the years.

Comment

95% of Energy Transfer's revenues are fee based with long term contracts, based on volume transported, not commodity price based. That is the norm for most midstream companies and is a little known fact by most. They contract with the producers of the product to TRANSPORT that product at a certain price based on volume, and most long term contracts are "Take or Pay" contracts which mean the producer is paying to reserve space in the pipeline, and the midstream company gets paid whether or not they transport the product or not.

They must have/may have been commodity price based in their dealings with Vista.

Comment

You can really tell who understands the midstream industry and who does not on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
                          You can really tell who understands the midstream industry and who does not on this thread.
                          No joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                            Yep, they bought Sunoco and several other Texas companies. They employ a lot of Texas folks.
                            Yes sir…..When I started we were Sunoco. Now we’re Energy Transfer.

Comment

We have a young man (23) that comes and hunts with us every year. He has lots of physical problems and can barely walk. We were eating one night and a beaker blew in the trailer.
                              Someone ask Lil Dale if he knew anything about electricity. He said, Yes sir , I know two things. Ya fork with it..it'll kill ya. Ya don't pay your bill they cut it off!

Comment

That's right. Gang up on the old man. Quote anything I posted that isn't true.

Comment

Working...
                                X