Entergy Transfer Wants to Cut Power Off in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlptexashunter View Post
    That's funny because Energy Transfer doesn't pay their bills for sh*t.
    If a customer was $21mil in debt to me I'd probably have a hard time paying my bills too[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wiederhold View Post
      Yep. Article is straight from and written by an electric company.

CPS Energy is among the top public power wind energy buyers in the nation and number one in Texas for solar generation.

...no hidden agenda there
      Nice deflection.

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
        Maybe I misspoke on the gas side how it’s done. I’m in the liquids side and know that a lot of it is done on a contractural basis. ColinR did a good job of explaining the gas side of things a couple posts above this.
        No problem. I am not an expert in the area but I am somewhat familiar with the markets from being in the industry. There are contracts on the gas side as well, but it is not all done through contracts. A lot of real time purchases and sales based on demand and production going on all the time. Whether you call it price gouging or just market forces, the fluctuations can be unbelievable.

Comment

CPS Energy is among the top public power wind energy buyers in the nation and number one in Texas for solar generation.

An electric company that floats and writes off millions of dollars of customers delinquent bills as well.

Would you want your electric provider just to pay whatever a supplier wants to charge them and pass the savings, err I mean dramatically inflated prices, on to you? Or, not try to provide electricity when you are freezing?

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
            On a corporate or district level? I’ve never had anyone calling me about non-payment on goods or services. Not saying things don’t slip through since so many hands are involved but it’s rare in the district I work in. If it’s on a corporate level then I have no idea. As far as I’m concerned if one company is providing a goods or service to another company and not getting paid then the company not paying should be cut off or put on hold until payment is received.
            Corporate

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

They had a chance to get cheaper prices, they got greedy and it cost them in the end...

Comment

What about the price gouging during the big freeze. Energy transfer should be shut down at the state line.
                I don’t understand what you are referring to here about shutting them down at the state line? Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
                  They had a chance to get cheaper prices, they got greedy and it cost them in the end...
                  You explain that to me! Big freeze and power units in texas were shutting down and people were without power and gas supplier inflated prices like 9000%. And remember CPS is part of the texas grid and helped keep the whole state watm.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post
                    Decisions have consequences, don’t they.

Society today has a hard time when those decisions have negative consequences, like they are now victims.

I blame is on th bailouts from the later 2000’s

Comment

CPS is a really well run utility they also have a great team that monitors commodity markets and since most of the generation is nat gas they know what is up on the intraday trading of gas. You on the other hand don't have a clue what you are talking about. Educate yourself

Comment

Originally posted by huntsynapse View Post
                        CPS is a really well run utility they also have a great team that monitors commodity markets and since most of the generation is nat gas they know what is up on the intraday trading of gas. You on the other hand don't have a clue what you are talking about. Educate yourself
                        You're right, I know nothing about CPS other than what I read in the article. What I do know is that the natural gas midstream companies are not the reason that power went out last February. I am not in gas marketing but if negotiations are made upfront and a contract is in place, each party should hold to their end of the bargain when the dust clears.

Comment

You're right, I know nothing about CPS other than what I read in the article. What I do know is that the natural gas midstream companies are not the reason that power went out last February. I am not in gas marketing but if negotiations are made upfront and a contract is in place, each party should hold to their end of the bargain when the dust clears.
                          Yep, and that is why Vistra needs to pay up. There was a contract in place that they agreed to.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                            If a customer was $21mil in debt to me I'd probably have a hard time paying my bills too[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                            You ain't lying. I'd be packing a sandwich for lunch that week

Comment

What about the price gouging during the big freeze. Energy transfer should be shut down at the state line.
                              Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              I don’t understand what you are referring to here about shutting them down at the state line? Please explain.

The question is still on the table. I don’t get your state line comment.

Comment

Bernadette, I'm pretty sure the rr commission could shut them down if they wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                                X