Talking home stereos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking home stereos

Well, I’m sitting here at the ranch in the living room and thought man, this place needs a stereo bad. I have some really nice stereo equipment, but I have realized that the days of a big ole setup seem to have gone the wayside. Now it’s all those little airplay speakers which I love for their convenience. Have you guys abandoned big elaborate stereo systems in lieu of easy to change out little speakers?

Now with airplay 2 you can sync multiple rooms and volumes and stuff. It really seems like a great way to go, and then I guess when they are obsolete you chunk them and buy something up to date.

I wish there was a middle ground to a classy looking airplay speaker like the bang & olufsen edge or a9 and the Dre pill or whatever that’s red and not at all classy. Suggestions?

No. My system would do a medium church and was installed by a professional…

Comment

Yeah. That’s like the one I had at the house, but the only thing I use them for anymore is to stream music.

I used to design and install AV and control systems professionally so I get all the fancy fancy crap. It’s just so arduous anymore. And those incredibly expensive electronics are obsolete the year after installed. (As far as the video side is concerned anyway. Audio stuff hasn’t changed much but it’s all integrated with video now so they go hand in hand for ease.)
      Last edited by Rubberdown; 01-02-2022, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I'm still old school... my receiver was built in 1998 and while it's showing its age, it's still kicking. Not to mention it's moved at least 15 times and has played music on three continents. It's pumping through a Bose Acoustimas 10 system and still sounds fantastic.

One of these days, it will be demoted to a shop system and will be reunited with the large cabinet speakers it once knew almost 25 years ago.

Comment

I would bet the B&0 would be perfect if it passes WAF. Stereo itself is over-rated for music unless you are chasing acoustic concert hall sound and have a dedicated listening spot in a dedicated room for it. Well placed single point audio should give superior sound over a much larger sweet spot. It probably would not meet WAF in my home.

Wife approval factor

Comment

Bose, the only way to go now

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
              Bose, the only way to go now
              Elac...

Comment

All I've got is a Radio Shack transistor radio....
                But then, I don't listen to a lot of radio music. mostly talk radio.
                I do watch utube videos. I like to see them play.

Comment

For new tech, it’s hard to beat the Sonos systems, IMO. I’ve got a few throughout the house and like the option to stream different content and fill the area with sound, that’s not too loud or overpowering. I can be in the kitchen and play the tv audio without having to crank it up. I can bring the Move speaker outside if we need music or wanna listen to the game. They are a little pricey but I think it’s worth it. After 3 moves for work, I got tired of leaving behind my in wall speakers.

Comment

Working...
                  X