No announcement yet.

who buys themselves a Christmas gift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lost a burning desire for more possessions for years now. I still have desires but, for experiences and knowledge over possessions. The kind of experiences I desire cannot be bought but must be lived. That being said I do drop a hint of a gift to my wife because she takes as much pleasure in giving as I do in living my experiences. It would be wrong to deny her that.

Comment

Here's my rule of thumb- if an item costs less than $50 and I can wait until after Christmas, I put it on a list to give to others when they ask for suggestions. If it is more then $50 I only tell my husband about it. I hate asking people for things that cost a lot of money.

If I need it before Christmas then I buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
        I have lost a burning desire for more possessions for years now. I still have desires but, for experiences and knowledge over possessions. The kind of experiences I desire cannot be bought but must be lived. That being said I do drop a hint of a gift to my wife because she takes as much pleasure in giving as I do in living my experiences. It would be wrong to deny her that.
        Wow!! That's awesome way to put it and spot on! Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
          My wife gripes every year saying that's why it's so hard to buy me anything because I buy what I want thru out the year.
          Yup, same problem here. If I need it, I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
            I have been asking for an axis doe hunt from the wife for 4 years. I have just about given up. I will probably just get it myself eventually. We make sure the kids are well taken care of for Christmas and I typically go all out for her. It would be fantastic if she would put a bit of effort in. Whining over.
            X2 for me , running to Walgreens to get an academy gift card is just a little too lazy lately ! Sorry you thread struck a chord I have been feeling this year .

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
              Yup, same problem here. If I need it, I get it.
              I do most of the time. Like some others have said, I'll throw a list out there for everyone to look at. My wife actually used my Amazon list this time but no one else used it ... ??? They complain and say "I don't know what he wants" then buy something that I don't even need, seriously? I'd just soon not get me anything or just give me a Visa card or cash.

Comment

Me. I got a mini BGE. Used it twice already...

Comment

We pretty much get what we want thru the year. So we don't exchange gifts on Christmas, so much easier to not to have to worry about what to get her. She goes crazy buying for everyone else, that way i don't have to worry about Christmas gifts at all. I like it that way

Comment

Any day is Christmas for us if we want it. Looks like Santa dropped a new Lamco timed protein feeder off at Tractor supply for me.

Comment

I usually buy a gun every year with my christmas bonus and that's my gift to myself since we save or invest the rest.

Comment

Yup, I do. Mine is about to come in the form of a bad arse old 88 F350!!

Comment

I did this year but never really have before. Couple of tattoos of my favorite verses.

Comment

I don't believe in material gifts for myself. I am a minimalist. :-). I certainly don't own any camo "outfits" either. :-)

Comment

I don’t. Heck, the wife and I don’t even get each other anything either. We just focus on the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                                My wife gripes every year saying that's why it's so hard to buy me anything because I buy what I want thru out the year.
                                Same here but she does as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X