Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
    This one here doesn’t require wifi or even electricity. [emoji2958]

In all seriousness we didn’t have that stuff for my daughter, she just graduated high school but we got two baby boys now and are gonna hold off as long as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are the same way. It will be strictly limited to long road trips or something absolutely necessary. Neither of us are a fan of having our kids dependent on one. I see little kids all the time that never look up from there tablet. It’s a shame...

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
      We are the same way. It will be strictly limited to long road trips or something absolutely necessary. Neither of us are a fan of having our kids dependent on one. I see little kids all the time that never look up from there tablet. It’s a shame...

No judgement. I had my daughter young and we were too poor for such things. Nowadays its very prevalent. We have family in Florida and I can’t imagine driving older kids that far without something. Im a HS teacher now and see the ones that have now been handed a device since birth to pacify any level if boredom. Addiction is not an exaggeration. Definitely don’t want to be that parent.

Comment

We just did a 16 hr drive to SD today. We do this trip twice a year and 10 hrs to NM once or twice and the kids do great. They are 7 and 9 now and pretty seasoned travelers on planes and on the road now the last couple yrs.

We take a cheap portable DVD or laptop to watch movies, books, coloring books, mad-libs, Nintendo switch, eye-spy, and breaks from the screens to enjoy the scenery when off the interstate.

My F150 has the 36 gal tank so we don’t make a lot of stops.

Comment

Working...
        X