No announcement yet.

Best Low Light Binoculars for Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For that price range Meopta has some pretty good glass.

Comment

In your price range bare minimum would be the Vortex Razor. You may find a deal
      On the UHDs.

Other option would be a used pair of Swaro SLCs.

I’ve never used Mavens or Meoota but I hear good things.

Anyone who thinks $100 binos are good have never experienced good glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am not going to recommend a brand.
        I am going to recommend two things. First buy the best you can afford to buy. Don't scrimp here.
        Second, buy binos with a higher exit pupil number (x50). The bigger the second number, the more light that comes in and reaches your eye. Now at this point the difference between prices can be in the number of coatings on the lens. The more coatings, the more $$$. However, the more coatings, the more clear the images are in low light.
        The first number is the magnification, which most people know. The higher the magnification, the more you will see movement from your hands, your breathing, and your pulse rate. Most people can handle a 10 power in their hands just fine. Anything higher is going to better if used with a tripod, as others have already said.
        Hope this helps

Comment

I love my Steiners.

Comment

Originally posted by mike d View Post
            in your price range bare minimum would be the vortex razor. You may find a deal
            on the uhds.

Other option would be a used pair of swaro slcs.

I’ve never used mavens or meoota but i hear good things.

anyone who thinks $100 binos are good have never experienced good glass.

sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro
            truth!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Anyone who thinks $100 binos are good have never experienced good glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              You would think would go without saying, but it never fails that somebody thinks their binos that they found on the toy aisle at Tractor Supply are just as good as Swaro’s, and anything else is a waste of money. [emoji3]

I can completely understand having a hard time spending a few thousand on binos, but recommending something like that to a person wanting good glass is just ignorant. Lol

Comment

Let me enlighten the ignorant here. The Celestron low light binoculars are rated #2 of low light binocs by Optics Mag. OpticsMag.com/best-low-light-binoculars/ Nov 23, 2021
                While you may disagree with them and me, you are foolish to dismiss them as a child's toy. They are a whole lot better than some low light binocs that cost 4-5 times more. Some of you must have more money than brains, I don't fall into that category. I will say that the 70mm lens make them heavy but they are perfect for the blind hunter and are easily steadied.
                My wife and I used them for the first time three weekends ago and could see great way before we could see good thru my Leopold 3.5x10 50mm.
                Last edited by SabineHunter; 12-10-2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                  Let me enlighten the ignorant here. The Celestron low light binoculars are rated #2 of low light binocs by Optics Mag. OpticsMag.com/best-low-light-binoculars/ Nov 23, 2021
                  While you may disagree with them and me, you are foolish to dismiss them as a child's toy. They are a whole lot better than some low light binocs that cost 4-5 times more. Some of you must have more money than brains, I don't fall into that category. I will say that the 70mm lens make them heavy but they are perfect for the blind hunter and are easily steadied.
                  My wife and I used them for the first time three weekends ago and could see great way before we could see good thru my Leopold 3.5x10 50mm.

Lol. Whatever you say. If you read it online it must be true!

They may work for you, but the OP is looking for glass in a completely different spectrum. If he wants something comparable to a Vx-6 scope, those $100 binos are going to find their way to the trash can in a hurry. If you don’t see a need for high end glass, you’ve obviously never spent several hours at a time glassing or spotting long range targets/bullet trace. Not saying that everybody needs them, but good glass is a necessity for many hunters/shooters.

Comment

You used them 3 weeks ago and are certain that they are better than ones costing more? And someone online rated them #2 so that’s the final word? Lmao

I’ve used binos of all kinds. All prices there’s a reason I own swarovski ELs. Best glass you can buy in a set of binos. Can’t kill what you can’t locate.

And 15x70 is stupid for anything but a tripod. And I can promise you the glass is trash for $99.

OP there’s an older non swarovision pair of ELs in the classifieds for $1300. Bmac I believe posted them. See if he will haggle some. I had that model before I upgraded to ones with swarovision. Still great glass.

A very noticeable step up from razors. The vipers and razors are excellent for the money.

Leica trinovids are very good as well for under $1k.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                      Lol. Whatever you say. If you read it online it must be true!

They may work for you, but the OP is looking for glass in a completely different spectrum. If he wants something comparable to a Vx-6 scope, those $100 binos are going to find their way to the trash can in a hurry. If you don’t see a need for high end glass, you’ve obviously never spent several hours at a time glassing or spotting long range targets/bullet trace. Not saying that everybody needs them, but good glass is a necessity for many hunters/shooters.
                      I guess you can't read too good. I also said we tried them out and were very impressed by what we could see when it was pretty much dark. Look, if you want to spend a bunch of money on glass, go ahead. I just gave my opinion and if you don't like it, I couldn't care less.
                      I like them for when my wife and I hunt out of a blind in Eden but won't be using them when we hunt public land as they are too heavy.
                      BTW, I have glassed many hours when I hunted Colorado, Wyoming, Northern California and West Texas. Have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        You used them 3 weeks ago and are certain that they are better than ones costing more? And someone online rated them #2 so that’s the final word? Lmao

I’ve used binos of all kinds. All prices there’s a reason I own swarovski ELs. Best glass you can buy in a set of binos. Can’t kill what you can’t locate.

And 15x70 is stupid for anything but a tripod. And I can promise you the glass is trash for $99.

OP there’s an older non swarovision pair of ELs in the classifieds for $1300. Bmac I believe posted them. See if he will haggle some. I had that model before I upgraded to ones with swarovision. Still great glass.

A very noticeable step up from razors. The vipers and razors are excellent for the money.

Leica trinovids are very good as well for under $1k.
                        You know, whenever I see your avatar, I think of that comic magazine, what was that boys name?
                        I made a suggestion and gave my experience, and I am no expert, along with an organization that has a whole lot more experience and knowledge than your uppity self, yet you want to dismiss it. What a clown. Go on trying to let everyone know how smart you are. What a dumb$÷×.

Comment

You know, whenever I see your avatar, I think of that comic magazine, what was that boys name?
                          I made a suggestion and gave my experience, and I am no expert, along with an organization that has a whole lot more experience and knowledge than your uppity self, yet you want to dismiss it. What a clown. Go on trying to let everyone know how smart you are. What a dumb$÷×.
                          Ha. You’ve shown everyone that you’re the dumb ***. Many times over. I’d put money on it that I know more about optics than that place if that’s how they rate things. We can clearly tell you’re no expert. You make it obvious. I’m not uppity. I work my *** off to buy equipment that will help me and not fail me when I need it most. Yes I will dismiss their claim as would ANYONE with any sense and experience. Which you’ve shown time and time again you’re short on.

Comment

Looking for a new binoculars? Optics Mag has everything you need to know about binoculars and accessories with our honest reviews, recommendations and buying guides.

Anyone that gets their info from here has ZERO business telling someone they are ignorant lmao. Good lord man

Comment

Best Low Light Binoculars for Hunting

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Ha. You’ve shown everyone that you’re the dumb ***. Many times over. I’d put money on it that I know more about optics than that place if that’s how they rate things. We can clearly tell you’re no expert. You make it obvious. I’m not uppity. I work my *** off to buy equipment that will help me and not fail me when I need it most. Yes I will dismiss their claim as would ANYONE with any sense and experience. Which you’ve shown time and time again you’re short on.
                              Be careful, Matt! He’ll be tracking you down like Mayhem.

Last edited by Raider4044; 12-10-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Alfred E. Neuman, you don't make sense. You are like my ex-wife. She thinks because it costs more, it must be better. I, too, buy quality items but I'm telling you, these binocs are a lot better than you say they are. You never heard of them, never tried them out. That is the definition of ignorance, and you are ignorant.

Comment

Working...
                                X