Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I do about water turkeys in my pond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Why do people ask questions like this on an open forum? Isn't SSS common sense?
    Just wondering if there is legal means.....

Comment

Thats pretty interesting!

Comment

You “could” have done something…..if you wouldn’t have run to the internet

Comment

I remember several years back some fella got strung up for wiping out a tree full on Rayburn.

I can only imagine they either have awesome swimming skills or are less buoyant than ducks.
          Honest question- y'all recon they sink or float once their heartrate goes to zero bpm?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            I remember several years back some fella got strung up for wiping out a tree full on Rayburn.

I can only imagine they either have awesome swimming skills or are less buoyant than ducks.
            Honest question- y'all recon they sink or float once their heartrate goes to zero bpm?

A friend told me they float

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sss

Comment

Not sure size of tank but if you can string a bunch of lines across the top they cant land on it. We had a small tank about 1/2 acre and it what we had to do. T posts and run 100# braided fishing string is what i think we used

Comment

Air directly to their brain. I won’t ask any questions.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                      You “could” have done something…..if you wouldn’t have run to the internet

Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve caught fish that had holes in em from those bastiges! They will clean a tank out.

Comment

it is my understanding you can get a permit from TP&W or they come out to see if its a issue. I'm not certain 100%, but I was told that under certain conditions you can get a permit. Ask TP&W

Comment

I was told a water turkey can eat up to 50 fish per day in a pond, they eat the regurgitate then eat more. I blast them

Comment

Originally posted by Royal21973 View Post
                              it is my understanding you can get a permit from TP&W or they come out to see if its a issue. I'm not certain 100%, but I was told that under certain conditions you can get a permit. Ask TP&W
                              You can get a depredation permit if they are over populated !
                              But you literally have to have like a 1,000.
                              Most fun I ever had was managing a 1,300 ac. Wetland. We had a permit and I bet we killed over 6-700 of them one season.
                              They don’t flare and fall like geese with a sand hill beak.
                              Could literally kill 50-100 per day,

Comment

Cormorants are NOT Water Turkeys... The Anhinga is a water turkey. Both are diving fishing birds, but an Anhinga is not a flock bird. The Cormorants are flock birds and can destroy a fishery... Small ponds can be protected by netting pretty easily. I've caught cormorants on trot lines using live perch for bait on hooks in 20+ feet of water!

Comment

Working...
                                X