2022 Thermal and Night Vision thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsills View Post
    Any new technology/upgrades coming out in 2023? Interested in thermal scopes
    There will be all kinds of new things coming for 2023, as there are every year and many of them will be announced at the SHOT Show in Vegas, the 3rd week of January. Hans and I are starting (tonight actually) to record interviews with all the major thermal manufacturers on our Youtube podcast called The Late Night Vision Show. https://www.youtube.com/@TheLateNightVisionShow These interviews will all be released on the first day of the SHOT Show January 17th and they will detail the new releases, optics and updates for each thermal manufacturer. We will also be attending the show in Vegas and getting more hands on time with the newly announced optics and we will be releasing another podcast recorded live at SHOT and we will be publishing photos, videos etc on our Outdoor Legacy and HansETX FB and IG accounts.

I say all that to say, buckle your seat belt because in about 30 days it's going to be information overload with new optics and technology coming out. And a fair warning that we always give is that just because something is announced in January at SHOT doesn't mean that you'll be able to buy it 3 weeks later. You might be able to but there are optics announced this January (11 months ago) that still haven't hit US production yet.

I hope this helps and stay tuned. We're always glad to help anyone looking to make a purchase but needs help narrowing it down or even if you don't know where to start. We'd love to have your business and we're glad help. (877)350-1818

Comment

Our last 4 trips to the peanut field with the best being 68 hogs in one night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	24701070

Name:	2.JPG
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	24701071

Name:	3.JPG
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	24701072

Name:	4.JPG
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	24701073

Name:	5.jpeg
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	24701074

Comment

liking the AGM phone app. 9 year old son using my adder and I can control zoom and hit the record button while he focuses on getting on target.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Who is going to make a 2023 thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
            Great question. I think it really depends on what you're going to be doing with it. There are a lot of great scopes under $3,000 these days and even though the Bolt TL35 has the best image quality of the lot it's definitely not always the correct choice. First off it's a 3x base mag which is a lot more than many people, especially hog hunters, want or need. Again, this can depend on terrain, the hunting method (spot/stalk, feeders etc). There are some really nice scopes under $2,500 like Rattlers, Bering Hogster Vibe 25 etc. And we can't forget the new Pulsar Talion XQ38 that is fantastic and by FAR one of my favorites.

So honestly, the scope I'd choose would be totally dependent on what I'm personally doing and I might suggest something totally different for you. The mistake that is so easy to fall into is believing that one scope is "better" so it must be the "best" choice. The thermals we sell are tools and they each have their own strong points that makes them stand out in some way from the others. If scope brings nothing new, different, better or offers nothing unique, we don't have much interest in it. So it all boils down to me knowing exactly how someone is going to use the scope and a whole slough of other info like, shooting distances, terrain, weather conditions, rifle setup(s), options needed/wanted etc.

I'd suggest giving us a call when you're ready to narrow it down and Hans or I will be glad to ask some questions and help you narrow it down to one or two options that fit exactly what you're wanting to do!

Sorry for the non-answer but I hope that helps explain why.

Thanks!

Jason
            Jason,
            I’m thinking of getting something for nite hog hunting, my place is heavily wooded with shooting lanes, I don’t expect to shoot much farther than 100 yards, but more likely around 50 to 100. I would prefer to move between a bolt gun and AR, any suggestions for the budget minded?
            Thanks
            Bert

Comment

Genius!

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
              I use an older Sig unit mounted on part of a CO2 pistol handle.
              That's the best thing since sliced bread!

Comment

Working...
              X