Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dressing

Since my Granny passed I have not had any good dressing. The stuff I've had the last few years is edible but that's cause I'm hungry. Anyone have a moist Southern dressing recipe they would share by pm or post here. I sure miss my Granny's dressing!

I use my grandmothers recipe and love it. I would gladly share it with you once I get back home. Don’t have it memorized but probably could get dang close.

Comment

I don’t have the recipe but my mom makes the best cornbread dressing I’ve ever had. Passed down from generations.

Comment

Boil the chicken whole and pick out the bones. That is all I can relay from our multi gen recipe passed down from monarchs

Comment

Chicken is what we use as well.

Here you go OP. This is our family recipe inherited over generations. My wife and I are in charge of making for the family gathering every year. We've made a few very slight adjustments here and there.
          We no longer use the 4 slices of toast because we use the bigger Large can of biscuits.
          It's a labor of love that's for sure....but you won’t be disappointed in the results.

Edit: baking time varies depending on moisture. We like our’s moist (can’t stand dry dressing) so we add more broth and bake at least an hour.
          Last edited by RascalArms; 11-28-2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

You gotta boil livers in the broth. Use the broth for the dressing and livers for the gravy

Comment

I just had some leftover cornbread dressing for breakfast. Lol. I'll send you my moms recipe.

Comment

Post 4...............

Comment

The recipe we use that has been passed down is:
                  Cook two pans of cornbread, let cool after cooking, then crumble in a bowl. While the cornbread is cooking, I sauté onions, celery, and green onions in butter. Add the sautéed veggies to the crumbled corn bread, then pour in chicken stock. Use enough to make it pretty moist, you can cook the excess moisture out later. Then I add salt and pepper to taste, and LOTS of sage. In my opinion, sage is what gives it the “dressing” flavor.

After mixing all of that together, put in a pan and cook in the oven for 1-2 hours. Basically cook it until it reaches the consistency you prefer (we like our dressing more moist, we don’t like it dry).

Comment

I had crawfish dressing for the first this thanksgiving and I loved it. Best dressing I’ve had.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                      I had crawfish dressing for the first this thanksgiving and I loved it. Best dressing I’ve had.
                      Family friend used to make oyster dressing that was amazing.

I bet crawfish dressing is great

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

This was my mothers recipe. Pretty darn good.

[/quote][/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          Chicken is what we use as well.

Here you go OP. This is our family recipe inherited over generations. My wife and I are in charge of making for the family gathering every year. We've made a few very slight adjustments here and there.
                          We no longer use the 4 slices of toast because we use the bigger Large can of biscuits.
                          It's a labor of love that's for sure....but you won’t be disappointed in the results.

Edit: baking time varies depending on moisture. We like our’s moist (can’t stand dry dressing) so we add more broth and bake at least an hour.
                          Thank you Sir! Going to give it a try!

Comment

Praters dressing is dang good.

Comment

Working...
                            X