IWB holster. What should I look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
    I know. Just hope I don't have to buy 3-4 to figure out the one I want. I hear that most folks have more than 1 or 2.
    I have 3 that I use the most. One alien gear and the other are near identical designs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for all of the info. men. I'm putting all of these holster manufacturers in my favorites to call them Monday and ask questions.

Comment

+1 for a good gun belt. Personally I’m not a fan of hybrids, I prefer full kydex. But you may have to try a few holsters out to find what you like. It’s kind of a necessary evil. I would also say check out T rex arms.

Comment

One that fits your gun.

Comment

I bought one single IWB holster and have been using that same holster every day for over ten years now. Go to Tucker Gun Leather, they're in Houston, and look at the Texas Heritage holster. Mine is real comfortable and I wear it 12 to 14 hours a day, pretty much 7 days a week.

Comment

IWB holsters are like bows. You gotta try until you find something you like. There’s no one size fits all.

Comment

Originally posted by dcbrown View Post
                I bought one single IWB holster and have been using that same holster every day for over ten years now. Go to Tucker Gun Leather, they're in Houston, and look at the Texas Heritage holster. Mine is real comfortable and I wear it 12 to 14 hours a day, pretty much 7 days a week.
                Should of said, look up tuckergunleather.com, I think.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                  Guess I should have asked this earlier. Appendix or 4:00?
                  Wherever it's most comfortable to you.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Drycreek3189; 03-09-2019, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                    IWB holsters are like bows. You gotta try until you find something you like. There’s no one size fits all.
                    True true true.

I like the Vedder comfort tuck better than anything else though. Best advice I have is to buy a few that have 30 “test drives” so you can wear em a bit and see what you like/don’t like, and then return what you don’t want. I’ve bought a few holsters that I thought were gonna be great, but turned out to suck (for me).

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                      What about sticky holster?

I like the clinger comfort cling over the sticky. Works great and I can wear it with all my clothes from jeans to basketball shorts.

Comment

IWB holster. What should I look for?

I’ve tried a bunch but this rig I got off Amazon for about $25 has been my go to. Appendix while driving and at four when on my feet.
                        I honestly don’t think there is anything comfortable about concealed carry. I’ve spent some money trying to figure it out. At the end of the day just practice with what you go with. How easy it is to deploy and re holster. Things to consider.
                        Last edited by Stoof; 03-09-2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

One other thing I’ll add. Some of the more high dollar holsters I’ve had, you practically have to undress to put on. I like something I can tuck in quick.

Comment

I will throw another in the mix. JM4 tactical out of abilene. I used to wear a whitehat or crossbreed holster alot. Ordered one of the magnetic holsters from jm4 2 months ago and i wear it all the time now. Its all leather easy to shift or move and i like it doesnt have the rigid piece of kydex that gets uncomfortable after a while. Doesnt bother me in the car, walking, standing, sitting. I did not get the tuckable version but will be ordering one for church.
                            jm4tactical.com

Comment

Put a lot of hours with alien gear, very comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use Alien gear for 4:00 and Blade-tech for appendix. P365 is a great little gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X