No announcement yet.

Nashville must do and eat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nashville is a great place. I have a daughter there doing the amateur music thing so we go a couple of times a year to hear her sing. It is a tourist town so they hype a lot of things, but the things we felt were worth it, would be:

Loveless Cafe - (be prepared for a wait)
    Country Music Hall of Fame
    Backstage Nashville - (only on Saturdays and you will need tickets)
    The Bluebird Cafe
    The Listening Room

Comment

Cock of the Walk Restaurant, good fried catfish.

Comment

I'll tell you what not to do. Absolutely do not order the large chicken at d@@m hot level from Hattie B's the night before having to sit through an all day program kickoff at an important customer.

I was there a couple of weeks back. Enjoyed bar hopping on Broadway and really enjoyed Layla's Honky Tonk where we saw the Rische Sisters who are phenomenal. Pretty amazing talent level you can see on that street without ever paying a cover. Yes, there are a few flat brim cheese country places but it's easy enough to skip those.
        Roberts Western World is good too.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
          Breakfast at The Southern Steak and Oyster (try the My Way...weird but good), Peg Leg Porker, and find your self some hot chicken.
          Second this. The Southern is phenomenal. Just a block from Broadway too.

Comment

Go to Peg Leg Porker I thought it was better then Martins for BBQ. Legends Corner is my go to for cold beverage and country music.

Comment

Tagged, going next month too.

Comment

If you are in the West End area, go to Rotiers for burgers and shakes. Very close to the Vandy campus http://www.rotiersrestaurant.com

Hattie B’S for hot chicken

Comment

Originally posted by harv418 View Post
                  Parthenon is very nice. West End Cooker is a great lil eatery that occasionally has some up and comers around.

IF it is still open (Heard it was closed, then heard it was reopened)... New Orlean's Manor. It is out by the airport in a Plantation house. Amazing all you can eat seafood, prime rib. Oyster Rockefeller and frog legs coming by on trays. Still to date my hands down best meals have come from here.
                  I'll be there Wed-Fri for a conference and probably will take clients out to eat so this may be the place to go.
                  Looks like the place is called Monell's now but still has the all you can eat but only select variety on different days.
                  Last edited by No-Tox; 02-18-2019, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Great suggestions all!! thanks!

Comment

Hattie B’S or Prince's Hot Chicken Shack
                      Its a Nashville thang.

Comment

Kayne Prime. Popcorn lobster and pork belly cotton candy. Trust me. I’m sitting the airport now and work here about once a month

Comment

We hit up Hattie B’s just about every time we head up to Nashville. Like others have mentioned, can’t go wrong with The Southern. We’ve also enjoyed Virago and Kayne Prime.

Comment

Check out the Parthenon Park. Really cool place. It's in the Vanderbuilt area of town, really nice.

Comment

We will be in Knoxville in March for the Bass Masters Classic, thought about driving over to Nashville but it may be too far of a drive for the time we will be there, what is there to do in Knoxville ?

Comment

Try the Tin Roof for some really good local talent and entertainment!

Comment

Working...
                                X