No announcement yet.

How a catfish poacher became big bass king of the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good christian boy... probably a misunderstanding.

it's weird to watch him out there by himself snagging bass-- I guess that's enjoyable to him? I can understand if you're winning tournaments with them, at least there's a financial motivation (why I don't like those tournaments), but after he's banned he still goes out just to snag... strange. He also doesn't move like a skilled or experienced angler. Maybe the cheating is what gets him high... feeling like he got one over on people.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post

it's weird to watch him out there by himself snagging bass-- I guess that's enjoyable to him? I can understand if you're winning tournaments with them, at least there's a financial motivation (why I don't like those tournaments), but after he's banned he still goes out just to snag... strange. He also doesn't move like a skilled or experienced angler. Maybe the cheating is what gets him high... feeling like he got one over on people.
        I think it may be for pictures to keep fueling the endorsements/sponsorships. Maybe i'm wrong, but It sounds like he still had those going for him?

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
          also seems the author had some sort of vendetta
          as someone who loves fishing and also a journalist it smells to me more like a sense of justice.

Comment

Only watched about 2 min of the video. That looks like a very un-enjoyable way to fish.
            Constantly looking over his shoulder as he jerks his pole.... like a 12 yr old boy

Comment

[QUOTE=Dale Moser;14218156]Following the story, they didn’t all/any have much proof. Sounds like they were relying on a fake reputation he seemed to be able to uphold.

What’s gets me, is that all of those lakes are really small, compared to what we all know. How they didn’t catch on sooner by just watching is what I don’t get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Not sure why they just couldn’t confront him like grown men. Don’t get me wrong good write up the guy filming him had some real ninja skills. But anyone with eyes could see he was a cheater. Maybe the town was just too proud they had a star and we’re more intimidated by his ego/persona rather than the man himself. Hard to believe Several grown men were that scared of him And let him slide after some of the stunts he pulled. Just odd they had to take the long road around to get from A to B. Makes me feel like there is more to the story.

Comment

Im guessing Guido Hibdon. He died in March of last year
                Last edited by WalkieTalkie; 06-27-2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Tons of money to be made in this age of social media. Clicks/views = $$

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. Just read this article. Just wow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txtradesman View Post
                      Im guessing Guido Hibdon. He died in March of last year
                      Guido was from Missouri, I believe he said the pro was from Florida... Probably Roland. The way Guido won the Classic is pretty infamous though.

Comment

Nice read

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                          Mr Ellis better check his lug nuts after this
                          No joke!!! Goood 1

Comment

I'm sure we still has some sponsor ties, social medias and reputation to hold up. Notice how he loves to take pics after every catch

Comment

I am curious after reading that about a few things-

1. He seems to have only fished little local tournaments. No major tournaments or anything like that.

2. The prize amounts in that article didn't sound great. So he had to have a job that paid bills. Curious about that.

3. He still never really got "caught" doing anything besides snagging some fish, and even then I think if you release them its not a huge deal.

4. If they could prove anything I wonder if he's looking at jail time for cheating and winning the cash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                                No denying he’s a cheater.

He’s handled a ton of giant bass.
                                Besides the 1 tourney and snagging witness, I was hoping we’d get a little more of how he caught them.
                                The article mentioned him catching them at night and in areas closed to fishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X