Garage Sale Alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Sale Alternatives?

We have too much crap. We have my crap, her crap, our crap and their crap. We have hunting crap, boat crap, camping crap, cooking crap, furniture crap, fixture crap, appliance crap, old crap, brand-new crap and just regular ole basic crap. But most of it is really, really, good crap.

The thought of having a garage sale and dealing with all that nonsense makes me want to set the barn on fire. It's too much to do in TBH Classifieds, I'd never Craigslist anything else and the thought of haggling with the non-English-speaking housewives that frequent the garage sales around here sounds a little daunting as I doubt I could ever convince her the true value of a brand-new crawfish pot or like-new waterfowler's layout blind.

Are there companies or people that will come run a garage sell for a cut?

Are there companies or people that'll buy the whole lot and resell it?

Any TBHers do any alternatives to typical garage sales?

Any TBHers want to buy ALL my awesome amazing stuff?

Sounds like you're full of crap, Curt.

Donate it to Hospice, but never to Goodwill. Fast way to rid yo'self of the crap.

Comment

I know there are people who take care of everything for estate sales. I’m sure if you have enough crap, they’d probably organize, price, and run your garage sale.

Comment

You should not be worrying about trivial stuff like this. You should be at Bownanza at the partaaaayyy!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          You should not be worrying about trivial stuff like this. You should be at Bownanza at the partaaaayyy!
          I know, sir. I missed seeing many of y'all. Had to cancel my reservation last night. I did not realize that the girls' track meet was a two-day event this week. I hated to miss it again, but.........kids.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            I know, sir. I missed seeing many of y'all. Had to cancel my reservation last night. I did not realize that the girls' track meet was a two-day event this week. I hated to miss it again, but.........kids.

Comment

Auction house normally have a broker. Price depends on what you have. Crappy stuff = fixed price. Lots of good stuff generally goes to a percentage of each item sold (15-20%)

Comment

My wife and I had to deal with 3 estates over the past several years. We used an auctioneer up in Trinity about 3 times. He gets 30 to 40%, but does all the work. We did ok.
                He will take what he thinks he can sell. We had a couple of garage sales, and also sold some small special stuff on ebay. Try Trinity Auctioneers.

Comment

Do you have a good 4x4 in that crap?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Do you have a good 4x4 in that crap?

I just added to my crap with a 2005 Tacoma for the lease.... I do have a restored 1979 F250, but that's Jennie's truck and I'd have to get divorced if I sold it.

Comment

I have a better idea keep it all and let the girls have to deal with it.[emoji23]

Comment

I saw you posted that washer and dryer on Nextdoor. I bet you could sell it on here easy.

I’m not a buyer for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use the Marketplace offered by Facebook & 5Miles app with pretty good luck

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            I just added to my crap with a 2005 Tacoma for the lease.... I do have a restored 1979 F250, but that's Jennie's truck and I'd have to get divorced if I sold it.
                            But then she could have an estate sale...your’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              I saw you posted that washer and dryer on Nextdoor. I bet you could sell it on here easy.
                              I'll post it up later.

Those things are practically brand new. Bought them for that Kingwood house and used for less than 6mo. Moved back and we don't have gas here so it goes into storage....everything goes into storage.

Comment

Working...
                              X