Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome work!

Comment

It’s been a while since I updated the build, we moved in 2-3 weeks ago.

Finally got around to a deck this last weekend!

And as usual BobG was holding down a lawn chair for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here was the first dinner in the new porch!

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Very nice job !

Comment

Congrats awesome!!!

Comment

Keep the updates coming ! looks great !

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Here’s some pictures of the interior!

Please excuse the mess, we do live here, and we are still unpacking and arranging and adding furniture!

Kitchen and Dining

Master bedroom

The kids room/ guest room

Restroom with the washer dryer behind the door

The living room minus our piano and gun cabinet. Also still deciding if we are going to put up a TV.... we really only used it occasionally for movies, and we have a projector for those. We are definitely an outside family

Comment

I was told by my bride those pics were hideous and needed to be replaced [emoji1787]

Kids room

Master

Comment

Fantastic. Nice work.

Comment

Well here we are. About 2 months in this beaut..

Updates: gecko crawled into the control board for the outer unit of the Ac/heat pump.. so we have been heating the house with radiators while we waiting on a new control board. It’s been about 2 weeks Like this.

Yesterday my wife smelt something burning in the hallway... the breaker had flipped in the kids room.

After some investigation work I found this!

I turned the breaker back on and saw the hot wire almost immediately glowing red.

I made a few calls and got ahold of Bud Mullins (texaswBOWhunter) he told me what another electrician also confirmed.

When I tied these wires in, I didn’t twist them together prior to installing the wire nut! Basic dude stuff right?! Well I thought that was what the wire nut was for! So I spent the morning “re-nuttin” my junction boxes!!

Anyway! We are loving the cabin and had the whole family out for thanksgiving!

Comment

Man thats a tough lesson on that wire. I worked with my dad my whole juvenile to early adult life and did that one time that he saw. My old man is a AC instsller/Electrician, and I got my butt ripped over it to say the least, lesson learned. The place looks amazing sir!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                              Well here we are. About 2 months in this beaut..

Updates: gecko crawled into the control board for the outer unit of the Ac/heat pump.. so we have been heating the house with radiators while we waiting on a new control board. It’s been about 2 weeks Like this.

Yesterday my wife smelt something burning in the hallway... the breaker had flipped in the kids room.

After some investigation work I found this!

I turned the breaker back on and saw the hot wire almost immediately glowing red.

I made a few calls and got ahold of Bud Mullins (texaswBOWhunter) he told me what another electrician also confirmed.

When I tied these wires in, I didn’t twist them together prior to installing the wire nut! Basic dude stuff right?! Well I thought that was what the wire nut was for! So I spent the morning “re-nuttin” my junction boxes!!

Anyway! We are loving the cabin and had the whole family out for thanksgiving!

Lesson learned the way easy way! You could easily be sending pics of a pile of ashes right now!

Comment

I never knew that about the wire nut.. I too thought the threaded nut did all that

Comment

Working...
                                X