Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do y'all think of this blind/feeder setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
    Find where they exit brush and see if south wind option is available. It is legal in Texas to shoot them without corn in there mouth
    I get that. I've actually never killed a deer from under a feeder(near them, but not under them). I set up this feeder pen where I saw that there was a trail exiting VERY THICK brush into this field. It is literally about 10 yards from one of the trails leading out of the brush. And since I have seen very good activity here, was wanting to set up a popup blind on a platform about 25 yards to the WSW of the feeder at the edge of the brush(kind of tucked in there a bit). And then i was also exploring setting up a tripod/feeder without a pen across the field that would probably be dominated by hogs, but might get a shot at a deer as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
      Thanks. We are just SW of Hebbronville, so the wind patterns you mentioned are spot on. Appreciate the insight.

Cool deal. we're not far out of Hebbronville either, just barely over in Webb County... quite a few properties around there that TBH'er's hunt... Lot of Walker Properties...

Comment

Move the feed pen to the south side of the clump of brush/tree in the middle of the field. You could shoot at it from the rifle blind still, and you would have a better bow set up for south winds.

Comment

If the spot you have marked is the only one that work for a pop-up, I say put one there. Just mind the wind. I would also make sure you can see the 2nd feeder from the rifle stand, you would hate to catch a glimpse of a good one walking over to it, but never get a shot. Also maybe tuck another tripod or pop up in the brush to the NW of the 2nd feeder, you can cover more angles to play the wind.

Like what bowaddict40 suggested, but keep both set ups.
          Last edited by lungbuster1985; 10-12-2020, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Good suggestions and advice yall. Thanks.

Comment

I’d consolidate after season all feeders into one big pen and have it where bowblind could have optimal wind direction.

Had the two feeder setup when I was younger and forgetting to turn rifle feeder off cost me several times. Plus one big pen seems to put the deer more at ease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
              X