Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if that deer ate double down?

Comment

There is a better picture of the deer and hunter on the Muy Grande Facebook page.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
        Way to go KR!!!!

I do see more than 2 2/8 inches of deductions though

I posted the same question and then erased it because I did not want to get slammed on here.

I also see way more than 2 inches of deducts - just asking how the scoring works on this one

Comment

Awesome buck

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
            Wonder if that deer ate double down?
            Well duh.... that's the only way you can kill a LF deer over 2hundy.... get with the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
              I posted the same question and then erased it because I did not want to get slammed on here.

I also see way more than 2 inches of deducts - just asking how the scoring works on this one
              You score the typical frame first. Subtract differences then add in all the non typical points.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Well duh.... that's the only way you can kill a LF deer over 2hundy.... get with the program.
                Well....it could have been medicated?

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
                  Well....it could have been medicated?
                  Well dam sure couldn't hurt

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                    You score the typical frame first. Subtract differences then add in all the non typical points.
                    I see more then 2 inches in the beams alone.

Awesome deer !

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                        There was a similar giant taken up by Kingesville by a ranch hand [ best I remember ] back when they first opened hunting . Similar look though I think this one bigger. Low fence/high fence...Irrelevant when you have 800,000 acres.
                        Outstanding buck . congrats to all

That was Bully Alvarez back in ‘98-‘99 and was 246 or so. The actual buck is over the receptionist desk at the ranch museum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                          Do they breed and stock deer at the King Ranch or are those huge deer a product of management? Or both?

Product of a lot management and awesome feeding programs a lot of leases do. One lease I worked on down that way had 75 protein feeders in operation across the lease.

Actually a lot of deer restocking programs over in the southeast were done with deer from King Ranch. Heard a lot of funny trapping stories from the 50’s and 60’s when they were helping with that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post

This is the score sheet for this buck! Again theses are wet score from the day he was shot and won’t be official for B&C for another 58 days but this will be his score for Texas big game awards. Lyssy & Eckel feed all the way!
                            Attached Files

Comment

If I’m not mistaken this buck was harvested this year at Laureles. 185"

Looks like it’s dragon slaying season on KR!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Incredible deer. I didn’t know the King Ranch had it going on like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X