Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right behind you.

Comment

I picked one up last year. It is a blast to shoot. 1st shot gotta count cause reloading takes a lot of movement and time.
      I will hunting with my choice this year...bow, xbow or rifle.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Good for you. Take care of yourself and have a great season

I used one last year and enjoyed being back in a tree even if I passed a bunch of bucks without shooting.

BP

Comment

Why I’ve always said long as it’s done legally, ethically and your enjoying time in the woods I don’t care if it’s with a pointy stick glad your hunting!

Lord the flack I used to catch on here, and I’ve never even shot or owned a xbow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            I loved to talk crap about crossbows, but my time is coming when I will have to use one
            I'm 74 and beginning to resemble this remark.

Comment

...four heart attacks, 6 stints, and a quadruple bypass..

**** it man! Good on you for not giving in. I hope when he thinks it's my time to go I have enough in me to call his bluff.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC View Post

**** it man! Good on you for not giving in. I hope when he thinks it's my time to go I have enough in me to call his bluff.
                Kind of reminded of the knight guarding the bridge in Monty Python's Holy Grail. After losing both legs and arms he says, "just a flesh wound" come back and fight, you coward.

Good luck with your new weapon, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by USMC View Post

Yes sir. Heart problems stink. However I’ve seen people that have it really bad and continue to fight on. I think when you come close to loosing it all you appreciate what you do have. Now I realize the most value I have is the time left with God, family and friends !

Well I spent the last couple hours putting it together. It’s a little heavier then my compounds I’ve been shooting. But it does feel solid. With the stock it kinda feels like a AR.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Same here :Got Horton/Ten Point with ACUdraw...Best cocking device out there that I seen..Its a whole new world to explore and learn..I hear all these people talk about extending range vs compound...I have not seen that, maybe a few yards

But it gets you back in the field again...Beats the Hell out of COUCH

Comment

Hell ya, those who endure, conquer!

Comment

I love my crossbow. They are a lot of fun (and deadly).

Comment

I guess I am getting close to joining the X-bow ranks. Shoulder has been giving me fits but gonna try. I think it is more arthritis than structure. This will be 43 years.

Comment

get after it!
                            That's what those things are for.

Comment

I never thought I would ever consider xbows as an option for me but 2 days ago I got a fat shot of Cortisone in my shoulder and cannot hide from the fact that this may be in my future as well. Good on you for keeping your head up and getting back in the woods!

Comment

Yep, gotta keep chasing your passion !

Comment

Working...
                                X