Folks to beware of doing business with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    My Step Dad was convince you were better off with no plate than an expired one or an out of state plate. We rodeod all over 5 states for years with no trailer plate.
    Whaaaa?

That some beach had a plate when Ieft the house?!?![emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Whaaaa?

That some beach had a plate when Ieft the house?!?![emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Zactly!

Comment

Originally posted by trykonroye View Post
        Well theres two sides to it. I guess you're ok with poor quality knives. I have bought many knives personal and professional from the best knife maker on the GS....NO problem.
        Probably shouldn’t get in the middle then, since you clearly don’t know the story.

Wasn’t about a knife, it was about **** poor communication and having a bunch of useless excuses.

Which continued today when I called him.

And apparently, from the pm’s that I’ve received .... I’m not the only one.

Glad you had better luck.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          Outside looking in, he didn’t have to reply on this thread. He could’ve simply ignored it. I would reach out to him and see if he’s going to make it right.

What I thought was funny was that atfulldraw never mentioned a name. I guess the concise of the other felt the need to respond.

Why should he even call him? Why would things be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
            Another good reason to avoid Montgomery County. I have two trailers i need to register now. Going to Fayette county.
            I believe you can only register it with the county you live in. And it took six tries to get a trailer titled here in Montgomery county for a trailer my son bought off here from an estate sale. It was a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
              What I thought was funny was that atfulldraw never mentioned a name. I guess the concise of the other felt the need to respond.

Why should he even call him? Why would things be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Ed Zachary lol

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                Another good reason to avoid Montgomery County. I have two trailers i need to register now. Going to Fayette county.
                I was in the Fayette Co court house trying to register a trailer last week. They asked if I lived there, and I said no but I have land here. Asked for my address and when I told them I didn't have one they immediately made me go to the 911 office to get set up with an address before I could register the trailer. Just FYI...

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post

Key parts highlighted in photo.
                  Not to hijack, but I'm curious about farm plates. My Dad always said that I could get in trouble if I was pulling a ranger down the highway on a farm trailer coming back from duck or deer hunting. I always thought that was a stretch. Thoughts? I have a 18ft trailer I need to register now and it sure sounds appealing to have it registered as a farm trailer.

Comment

Beware of anyone selling a vehicle/trailer/atv anything without a title. I see ads all the time saying "no title but it's easy to get one with a bill of sale." Most times that's no longer the case, and if it's so easy, get the title and then sell it. Depending on the situation it may not be a deal killer but that's up to the buyers judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                      Not to hijack, but I'm curious about farm plates. My Dad always said that I could get in trouble if I was pulling a ranger down the highway on a farm trailer coming back from duck or deer hunting. I always thought that was a stretch. Thoughts? I have a 18ft trailer I need to register now and it sure sounds appealing to have it registered as a farm trailer.

If you blatantly do it they can bust you pretty hard. The key word in the pic above is it’s used primarily for farm work.

Years ago my Dad and a buddy were hauling a cook shack too the deer lease on our 20’ gooseneck. DPS did not buy it was a feed room/ bunkhouse for some lease pastures [emoji23][emoji23]

I’m probably gonna shoot myself in the foot but I haul my ranger on our low boy with farm tags but I don’t have hunting gear hanging all over it and it honestly looks more like a farm rig then a jacked up play buggy [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I picked up a certified copy of my trailer title last week, took 10 minutes.

Comment

I was in the Fayette Co court house trying to register a trailer last week. They asked if I lived there, and I said no but I have land here. Asked for my address and when I told them I didn't have one they immediately made me go to the 911 office to get set up with an address before I could register the trailer. Just FYI...
                          My ATV trailer is registered to land in east texas using my home address. Farm tags under timber and wildlife exemption

I also have a buddy with farm tags on a boat trailer.

In my experience, the only rule on trailer tags regardless of what the website says is...........each county is different. We have trailers with registrations in 4 difference counties

Comment

Not a trailer but could apply. I had a silverado that wouldn't pass inspection due to check engine light (catalytic converters iirc), and with the new one sticker thing, couldn't renew the registration. This truck was past the point I was going to fix anything on it that wasn't necessary, so just kept driving it. Took over a year to get pulled over & ticketed. Fine ended up only being $130. Paid it and kept driving....

Comment

DPS may ask you questions about having manufacturing decals and pinstripes on your homemade farm tagged trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                sigh.

No. and especially if they can claim they went to a certain school....

I've got one that still sticks in my craw because he was such a .....head about the whole deal. Just a complete waste of time dealing with him. I just don't buy knives, guns or fishing equipment from him.
                                Was probably me ....you ripped me a new one on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X