30 30 scope recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 30 scope recommendations?

I got a 30 30 marlin the other week a 1974 in really good shape. I want to hunt with it. It has a factory scope mount, so il need rings and a scope. What would u guys recommend say 1200 and under? Im wanting a compact type scope for it.

Im thinking a nightforce nxs? I have no clue..

Comment

I don't recall what mine has on it. but you could get a really good one for a 30-30 for 1200. just remember you'll most likely be shooting 150 yds or less when shopping for a scope.

Comment

Nikon Prostaff 3x9, or preferably a 2x7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes on shots. 150 or less

Comment

Leupold 2X7x33 on mine. Looks and works great!

Comment

Nikon Prostaff 2-10 on mine. I love it. Great light and glass for the range of the rifle. Still my go to deer rifle most of the time when not using the bow.

Comment

$1200 is quite the budget on glass for a 30-30. I’d get a VX3i 1.5-5X for half of that and call it a day. Yo money though!

Comment

No scope. It’s a 30-30!

But if you insist... I personally would not invest that much money into a scope for a 150-200 yard gun. Commit $300-$400 for a nice scope and spend the rest on another gun.

Comment

Thats why i was asking. Ive never owned one till recently. Ive only been a ar guy and have a 270 that needs a scope too. Im used to acogs and thermals.

Comment

The vx3i looks good.

Comment

I just put a Sig thermal on mine.

Comment

Nikon buckmaster or bdc. Just bought the bdc today for my 30-06 and have the buckmaster on my 25-06. Can’t beat them. They had them for sale for 99 bucks at academy

Comment

Got a leupold vx r 2x7x33 on ebay for 390. Done. Thanks guys

Comment

This place is so encouraging. Oh well i work every day. Screw it.

Comment

Working...
                              X