No announcement yet.

Owning hunting property question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess it would determine where hunting property is located. My ranch is in S Tx kind of off beaten path. Different lifestyle & not much in the way of shopping & entertainment or medical options. We recently relocated from Houston to Boerne. The drive now does not seem much further than a commute into downtowm Houston.

Comment

I've got 40 acres that's 260 miles gate to gate and a 3 bd/2 bath trailer with a wrap around porch at the ranch, I've also got access to another 80 acres down the road from the ranch and own 320 in North Dakota. the wife and kids go with me nearly every time I go

Comment

I live on 180 acres and for me hunting there doesn't seem "the same". I'd rather drive and get away. I love seeing different parts of Texas.

Comment

We just moved to the country and a lot closer to our hunting property which is now only an hour away. I think it is going to the best of both worlds. Very easy to get to and from our property.It also has a small cabin with all amenities. Best thing we have ever done.

Comment

Yes

Comment

My wife and I own 70 acres in Eastern Choctaw County OK. It's 118 miles from driveway to gate. I don't want to move there. I enjoy getting away to the property and hunting. We will be building or putting a camper in place out there to give us a place to stay here in the next year or so. We love going out there though! Pretty awesome feeling pulling up to the gate of a place you own!

Comment

would rather own but cant afford it

Comment

100 miles or less from my forever home is IDEAL for me!!!

Comment

I live where I hunt. I don't see any good reason not to.

Comment

Work is in the DFW area and property is 1.5 hrs away in S. OK. I like the getaway aspect of heading to the ranch. I plan, at some point, to build a barndo on it so I can stay comfortably for extended periods, but it's close enough to run up for an afternoon hunt.

It is a bit of a challenge to really learn the property when you are only there 1-2 days at a time. You can learn a lot with trail cams, but nothing beats being out there.

Comment

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
                        Work is in the DFW area and property is 1.5 hrs away in S. OK. I like the getaway aspect of heading to the ranch. I plan, at some point, to build a barndo on it so I can stay comfortably for extended periods, but it's close enough to run up for an afternoon hunt.

It is a bit of a challenge to really learn the property when you are only there 1-2 days at a time. You can learn a lot with trail cams, but nothing beats being out there.
                        This ^

Comment

I think everybody should own several places!

Comment

my land is 35mins from my house, i would live out there but, uh, its not in the greatest area and anything not chained down would be gone by the time i got home from work maybe one day ill try to sell it and buy a similar place in a better area, on a big creek, with big deer and a barndo

Comment

I live in the DFW area, and our 84 acres is about 45 minutes away. We just put a cabin out there, so it should make it easier to go between the two places. Love that I can quickly get out there after work for a dove or deer hunt. The only thing slowing me down these days are the two little ones that require 120% of my attention (...and I love giving it to them ) Maybe one of these days I'll actually get some hunting done

Comment

I live in Mesquite and our place is in Archer county(almost 3 hrs away) I like having them apart but sometimes the drive across the metromess is terrible. However it is worth the drive when I get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X