X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Football 2019 - Week 8

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    I know what you're saying but I can't totally agree. If your D is giving up less than 10 points a game your record is going to be pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Points are about the only stats that do matter. I like to look at points vs average to get a gauge. Then of course you throw matchups / game plan / injuries in there so it’s not totally accurate.

I also like to look at plays defended against. Big difference having to defend 100 plays vs 60 plays.

Comment

Well, there are like 3 teams in the BIG that utilize the forward pass so there's that.......

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        Not just cause my team sucks at them.....Stats are irrelevant in today’s college football.
        Agree

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          Well, there are like 3 teams in the BIG that utilize the forward pass so there's that.......

Ohio state and who?

Comment

If stats didn’t matter then 4 out of top 5 teams (OU, LSU, Ohio State, Alabama) wouldn’t all be in the top 7 for offense

The top 3 total defense are Wisconsin, Ohio state, clemson...

Coincidence? No they tell a part of the story.

There’s a reason Texas isn’t a top 10 team and that’s because your defense isn’t very good, and the stats reflect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
              If stats didn’t matter then 4 out of top 5 teams (OU, LSU, Ohio State, Alabama) wouldn’t all be in the top 7 for offense

There’s a reason Texas isn’t a top 10 team and that’s because your defense isn’t very good, and the stats reflect that.

He's trying to say they don't always determine wins and losses. Every game is different at this level. It's not as clinical as the NFL. Vast difference in schedules and competition/style in college. Sure, stats tell part of the story but can never truly be compared in the landscape of college football. They are good for water fountain fodder though!!

Comment

Only stats that matter are W’s an L’s

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                  Ohio state and who?

Is this where I'm supposed to say Maryland?

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    Only stats that matter are W’s an L’s

True story

Comment

College Football 2019 - Week 8

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

And if Texas has played those schedules they might have better stats / more wins. That’s why stats are silly as a benchmark. Yes, the top ranked teams will probably have better stats.

Nobody is claiming Texas a contender.

Comment

I can’t believe Stanford is this bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They have fallen far this year but UCLA is horrible also.

Comment

I’m curios if David Shaw ever leaves Stanford. Schools have kicked the tires on him before but he has never had an interest. I wonder if he there’s some jobs out there he would leave for.

Comment

I think he stays as long as he can. They aren't rabid fans out there and he is a good Coach.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                                They have fallen far this year but UCLA is horrible also.
                                Agree, hard to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X