Punchers Opening Day Buck 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punchers Opening Day Buck 2020

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGpMOi1NluE&t=64"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGpMOi1NluE&t=64[/ame]

Just like everyone else, this Spring was very good for us with rainfall in Mason County. It really allowed the bucks to get off to a good start and really set us up for a great season.
    While we have many great bucks running around this year, I decided that my #1 target deer would be a 6.5+ year old buck that doesn't have much to show in the antler department. Two years ago he was a 10, last year a 9, and then this year an 8. Last year I considered killing him, but he disappeared from all cameras after opening weekend and I never was able to see him in person. He showed back up after season was over as if he never left.
    Since he somewhat turned in to a ghost, I decided I'd try chasing him this year. Opening morning was a great sit with a beautiful 11 point, multiple young bucks, and tons of does. But my target buck never showed. I decided to sit in the same spot in the afternoon and got in the stand early. It was hot and I didn't think I'd see much until late, but sure enough a few does showed up around 4. I decided to let the air out of an old doe, but when I released the arrow she dropped about 10" and my arrow hit her very high, like in the backstraps high. I looked for her with no luck and only found one speck of blood. If you follow along in the video I'll explain what happened after that, but I needed to clarify the doe shot since I talked about it so much in the video. I hate wounding deer, but after spending a couple hours looking for her over two days, I do believe she made it. At least for now.

Nice job and good video congratulations.

Comment

Congrats on the buck!

Comment

Congrats, Kegan! Great job on the video.

Comment

Thank y’all! I’m learning, but still have a long way to go!

Comment

Congratulations on a nice, healthy, mature buck!

Todd

Comment

Nice buck, congrats.

Comment

Congrats dude!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Comment

Great job!
                      Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!!!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone!!

Brandon your videos were one of the reasons I decided to start filming my hunts!

Comment

Good job on filming the hunt and congratulations on getting that one. That country you are hunting looks just like where we hunt in San Saba county.

Comment

Great buck, nice video

Comment

Working...
                              X