Smokehouse build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokehouse build

Hurricane Laura took out my old smokehouse so I figured it was time to upgrade. This was my first and LAST masonry project. I still have to finish the door and external smoke box.

I'm going to use a propane burner for my heat source and am getting some help from the instrument techs at work on a PID control loop to regulate my temperature. I've ordered some rolling clothing racks and stainless rods to hang my sausage. Should be easy to hang everything outside and roll it in.

Hopefully I'll be able to smoke around 500 lbs at once.
    Attached Files

Wow! Looking good so far!

Comment

Nice !!!!

Comment

What are your dimensions I’m thinking of making something similar but plan to also put in a window unit to also have a walk-in cooler

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

That’s going to be a great smoker. I had built a similar one at my old home. Just moved to the ranch and am needing to build one here. We went without shooting any deer this here because the lack of a smokehouse. It’s one of the things I need to build before the end of the year for sure. Seeing this will give me the drive!

Comment

That is going to be nice. Following along

Comment

Originally posted by Saddlehorse View Post
                What are your dimensions I’m thinking of making something similar but plan to also put in a window unit to also have a walk-in cooler
                It's 8'x8' outside dimension. I plan on building a walk in cooler next to it soon. I'm going to build it with 2x6 walls and closed cell spray foam. With the A/C unit and coolbot.

Comment

Those guys on YouTube sure make cinder block work look a lot easier than it is. Took me quite a while to get the technique somewhat down. With the exception of about 2 hrs help, I did every bit of this myself. My back is still sore

Comment

Very nice project, lots of work but sure looks good.

Comment

Should withstand any future hurricanes. Nice work.

Comment

Purty cool smokehouse.

Comment

I’m jealous:-)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	297B6D32-348F-43C2-A9D8-1A87354DB68B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	24650023

Very nice! Here is my personal smokehouse I built. I’ve had around 250 pounds in it at one time. It’s been great and easy to get to temperature and maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by ptaylortx View Post
                              Those guys on YouTube sure make cinder block work look a lot easier than it is. Took me quite a while to get the technique somewhat down. With the exception of about 2 hrs help, I did every bit of this myself. My back is still sore
                              If you ever do another cinder block project you may want to research Quikwall by Quikcrete. You just stack your blocks then trowel the Quikwall on and it has fibers and bonds the blocks together. I purchased the Quikwall at Sutherlands in Beaumont.

Comment

Working...
                              X