Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite hunting day of the year (in your area)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite hunting day of the year (in your area)?

A little offseason discussion...need as much as we can get these days! Post up your favorite day of the year to be in deer woods. Make sure to specify what area you hunt. Obviously, a lot of it has to do with a nice cold front moving through, but assuming you get the weather you want, which day do you normally circle on the calendar to be "sick" or take vacation days. Ill start:

October 31st
    Angelina County

Any front within 3-4 days of Halloween (before or after) seems to be magic in the area I hunt. Usually its right before all the bucks get locked down with hot does and are still chasing hard and moving during daylight hours.

In rocksprings mine is usually the weekend before thanksgiving

Comment

The Saturday morning before Thanksgiving, preferably with a good inch or two of snow on the ground, and temps below 10.

Edit: Back home in Wisconsin.
      Last edited by WItoTX; 08-11-2020, 01:30 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        The Saturday morning before Thanksgiving, preferably with a good inch or two of snow on the ground, and temps below 10.
        I was reading this thinking....****, where in Texas is this???

Comment

South Texas, December 6th. No good reason really, it's still a couple weeks before good rut activity but I have killed multiple big deer on that day.

Comment

For me its always been opening day of rifle season. That weekend is always special, all the guys are there and a lot of anticipation and excitement in the air. Location does not matter its just this day/weekend that does it for me.
            McMullen County these days, but in the past its been Dimitt, Web, LaSalle, Comal and Brown.

Comment

When Bow hunting it is opening day. Bucks are still on their summer patterns and you have a good chance of an encounter with your target buck.

When rifle hunting, it's 36-48 hours after the cold front that blows in closest to November 15th.

Comment

Opening weekend. When it's really hot and everyone is bitchin about how hot it is.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Wisconsin November 5th is close to the best for me. Usually just before they lock down with a doe.

Comment

Waiting for legal shooting time the morning of the teal opener is always an eerie exciting time for me . It’s what kicks off my hunting season (I don’t dove hunt much)

And then a wad of em buzzes over sounding like a dang jet engine

Comment

I love Thanksgiving morning hunt. More sentimental than anything else.

Comment

Halloween

Comment

Sept. 1st

Comment

Last weekend in October is always best!

Comment

Dec. 27-30th down south. Doesn't matter if it's hot/cold, full/dark moon, rain/sunshine, or anything in between. Where we hunt, old deer will be on their feet.

Comment

Working...
                              X