Registering your SBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do not alter the serial number.

File your F1 with the make, model, and SN. Overall length, barrel length, and caliber. Get it approved. Then have your trust name, city, and state engraved per regulations on it. That will be your manufacturer markings as you are the manufacturer at that point.

Comment

Honest question, with the “go around” of a stabilizing brace on an AR pistol, what’s the advantage seen to toss on a regular stock and pay a $200 penalty tax??

Comment

Originally posted by JThoele View Post
        Honest question, with the “go around” of a stabilizing brace on an AR pistol, what’s the advantage seen to toss on a regular stock and pay a $200 penalty tax??
        You can run whatever stock you please. It’s comfortable. Adjustable. May not be worth it to some. Is to me.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          You do not alter the serial number.

File your F1 with the make, model, and SN. Overall length, barrel length, and caliber. Get it approved. Then have your trust name, city, and state engraved per regulations on it. That will be your manufacturer markings as you are the manufacturer at that point.
          Manufacturer license plate! Super sweet!

Too many questions. Registered is registered is registered is will be confiscated.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Manufacturer license plate! Super sweet!

Too many questions. Registered is registered is registered is will be confiscated.
            Then don’t do it. The OP didn’t ask for opinions on if anyone thought it was a good idea or not.

Comment

And because pistol braces will never look as good as the real deal

Click image for larger version

Name:	95CA46DA-1AEF-46AA-93A8-AE7ECDC0F154.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	24650655

Name:	5C27F49A-D0C3-4931-B8CE-0E66068A80E5.jpeg
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	24650656

Name:	B2A96C69-806A-4148-AAAA-BFD34B448299.jpeg
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	24650657

Name:	2715D849-DCE5-45CB-98A8-0D4D4644B8C4.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	24650658

Name:	11FE76A1-F1DA-4F5F-A3D8-1D664710961D.jpeg
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	24650659

Name:	3790EA47-460D-461C-9124-6ECF8D581822.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	24650660

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                And because pistol braces will never look as good as the real deal

[ATTACH]1049528[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1049529[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1049530[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1049531[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1049532[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1049533[/ATTACH]

That scalper thoooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The on line form 1 if done correctly usually takes about 30-35 days. Only thing you have to send in is 2 finger print cards. You can roll you own prints and not hard to do.

Comment

Originally posted by crimson-talon View Post
                    That scalper thoooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Was wondering if anyone would notice that lol. Can’t see it on my phone.

Comment

If you go the SBR route you don't have to worry about the ATF making an arbitrary decision about the legality of pistol braces. They can easily go the way of the bump stock.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                        If you go the SBR route you don't have to worry about the ATF making an arbitrary decision about the legality of pistol braces. They can easily go the way of the bump stock.

Then get struck down just like the unconstitutional bump stock ban.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                          Then get struck down just like the unconstitutional bump stock ban.

After taking years to get through the courts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            After taking years to get through the courts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Thats true.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              The parent gun is a Saber Defense AR-15 M4 in 5.56 carbine length that I bought years ago. All I wanted to do was change the upper to a different caliber (300 BO) and go shoot some paper and pigs. The upper I bought has an 8" barrel. Therefore if I swap uppers the thing becomes a short barrel rifle and would have to be registered. Since I already own the lower and it was bought thru a gun store I assume it is register to me thru the 4473 I filled out when I bought it. I still have questions on how this is accomplished. Do I engrave the lower with a new batch of numbers or modify the existing serial number once I go thru the Form 1 BS.
                              I've gone back and forth on registering and, for me, decided not to. I believe FFL's only keep the 4473's 5-10 years so that's not an issue. It also isn't a gun registry. I wanted an AR pistol and decided to just take the butt stock off and go with a pistol brace that fits a carbine buffer tube. If/when they outlaw pistol braces, I have some 3/4" foam tube that works great. You have to do what you feel comfortable doing. Good luck to ya.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post

Ok, but you also volunteered your information upon registry and gave the government a $200 donation in effort to thwart a “what if” they ban pistol braces...

Comment

Working...
                                X