Hope I don’t go to jail tomorrow over Gdads will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    They probably aren't very mechanically inclined and no farm smarts. If the tractor has a bucket put the log splitter in and raise to max vertical. If the tractor has forks for back put the sxs on them and again raise to max vertical. Take your tractor keys and setup some cameras to catch their anguished faces as they contemplate the impossible for them
    I like this. Might pull a wire here or there to be sure it stays in place. Camera is a good idea in case they decide to vandalize things.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Clint, did your mom choose the probate attorney oe her stepmom? Whoever the attorney is, he/she needs to explain the "rules" to everybody involved.

Several are saying to get law enforcement involved. This is a civil dispute, and law enforcement will NOT go with you to enforce the terms of the will. I don't know why folks always think they will.

Your step grandma has a life estate, so I'm pretty sure you cannot "lock the place up" as has been recommended. She lives there and makes those decisions.

If it were me, the way his step grandchildren are behaving, I would demand the SxS also.

We still need to have lunch.
      Randy,
      My grandfather's attorney drafted the will, the prenup, and is handling the probate. You are correct that she has a life estate and while I have purchased the property she is entitled to keep her homestead rights until she dies or it is no longer her primary residence. She has been at a home for the last couple of weeks and under Hospice care. She was listed as co-executor with my Mom but I think there are some legal requirements to be able to fulfill that role.

The principle problem right now is that the attorney is out on vacation until Monday, my attorney is extremely reluctant to get involved in an estate that really isn't mine until it's probated, I can't lock them out, and the stuff will be gone by Monday. I stopped by to speak to the local JP on the way in this morning who my grandfather drank coffee with every morning and coached me all through high school......of course, he is in Barataria catching reds..

I spoke with the Constable and the Deputy this morning that office out of our little courthouse and they told me to remove (or lock up in my mother's shop next door) anything that is in dispute. They have no authority to do anything until after probate. They did confirm that nothing is "supposed" to be removed from the property until then but but there isn't anything that can legally be done to stop them, even if my mother declares nothing can be taken until then. Getting that SXS on the trailer with no keys sucked..

All of this over a 30yr old log splitter.....Oh, well, I was hoping everything was going to be civil but they ****** of the wrong redneck. I'll die on this hill. Like I said, it may cost me $5k to keep a old log splitter but, by God, it was my Paw Paw's log splitter. Good thing they stopped making this one in 1991 and the date code stamped on the side says 10189. My grandpaw didn't buy used stuff and I doubt he found a "new" one that had been sitting on the shelf for 12yrs that looks exactly like the one I was using in 8th grade.......

I've never wished a case of crabs on somebody more in my whole life

Comment

If your step grandma is in a nursing home and not at the residence, then I understand why you would want to padlock the place and remove the SxS and log splitter for safekeeping from thieves. That makes sense. You know how we hate thieves. They are worse than muderers and child abusers!

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
          Randy,
          My grandfather's attorney drafted the will, the prenup, and is handling the probate. You are correct that she has a life estate and while I have purchased the property she is entitled to keep her homestead rights until she dies or it is no longer her primary residence. She has been at a home for the last couple of weeks and under Hospice care. She was listed as co-executor with my Mom but I think there are some legal requirements to be able to fulfill that role.

The principle problem right now is that the attorney is out on vacation until Monday, my attorney is extremely reluctant to get involved in an estate that really isn't mine until it's probated, I can't lock them out, and the stuff will be gone by Monday. I stopped by to speak to the local JP on the way in this morning who my grandfather drank coffee with every morning and coached me all through high school......of course, he is in Barataria catching reds..

I spoke with the Constable and the Deputy this morning that office out of our little courthouse and they told me to remove (or lock up in my mother's shop next door) anything that is in dispute. They have no authority to do anything until after probate. They did confirm that nothing is "supposed" to be removed from the property until then but but there isn't anything that can legally be done to stop them, even if my mother declares nothing can be taken until then. Getting that SXS on the trailer with no keys sucked..

All of this over a 30yr old log splitter.....Oh, well, I was hoping everything was going to be civil but they ****** of the wrong redneck. I'll die on this hill. Like I said, it may cost me $5k to keep a old log splitter but, by God, it was my Paw Paw's log splitter. Good thing they stopped making this one in 1991 and the date code stamped on the side says 10189. My grandpaw didn't buy used stuff and I doubt he found a "new" one that had been sitting on the shelf for 12yrs that looks exactly like the one I was using in 8th grade.......

I don't even know you and I want to shake your hand. Buy you a beer. Or both. In cases like this, I try to ask myself "what would my father (or in this case, Grandfather) want?" Stay true to yourself and to him. I'm sure I don't need to tell you but, it sounds like he loved both your Grandmother and your step Grandmother. Honor them both and the others be da**ed.
          Last edited by Rush2Judge; 05-14-2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Money brings out the worst

Comment

Sad deal all around man. Sounds like your grandpa married into quite the family God rest his soul.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

I can identify with this, especially when Paw Paw's log splitter is involved. If it were me and I owned the place I'd strap on a side arm or 2, load up a couple of mags for an AR and throw a cooler in the back of the SXS along with the log splitter. I'd sit right there in that SXS seat all weekend drinking beer and maybe drape my Come and Take It flag over the hood of the SXS. I'm not saying it would be the right thing to do but I'd **** sure consider it.
                Let 'em come.

Comment

Get a letter from your Mom as Executor asking you to take possession of those items until Will is read. Then remove the log splitter and SXS or lock up on YOUR property.

Comment

Life estate generally pertains to the real estate, not the farm equipment unless there is some kind of special arrangement. Obviously none of us here have reviewed any of the purchase agreements, deeds or probate documents so it really is a shot in the dark, precisely why I should take Grayson's advice and quit weighing in on these kinds of threads, I just have dealt with enough p-o-s kids and estates and your initial post kind of ticked me off (about your grandad's step-family) so I wanted to respond thinking it would help. I'd still lock that stuff up.
                    Last edited by The Crippler; 05-14-2021, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Dang!
                      Chain and lock the tools up through the axles and take the wheels off the farm implements. The tires need servicing for farm duty.

Probate has to run its course. No one is exempt. The judge could deliver a hefty blow to those who violate the probate.

Im sorry to hear you lost your PawPaw. I lost mine Oct last year...just before his 90th. Our time will come.

Good luck Mr7.62.
                      Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-14-2021, 01:22 PM. Reason: PawPawPassingSpake

Comment

I'm in for updates, hoping that this trainwreck turns out in your favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          I’d go down with bloody knuckles.
                          Ya...assault will fix all his troubles and set his mom's mind at ease. C'mon dude...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dale moser View Post
                            two things i absolutely will not tolerate are ultimatums, and threats of litigation (especially against my mother). As soon as anyone starts that nonsense, i tell them to go jump in a lake, or speak to the attorney. Lock the whole place down, and take your log splitter home.

If they want to act like *******s, many more things can become “farm equipment”, in addition to the sxs. All decorum, and tact goes out the window when low lifes try to take advantage of my people.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                            100%

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Two things I absolutely will not tolerate are ultimatums, and threats of litigation (especially against my mother). As soon as anyone starts that nonsense, I tell them to go jump in a lake, or speak to the attorney. Lock the whole place down, and take YOUR log splitter home.

If they want to act like *******s, many more things can become “farm equipment”, in addition to the SXS. All decorum, and tact goes out the window when low lifes try to take advantage of my people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Exactly. Once a lawsuit is threatened any cordial relationship we may have had is over with. We're doing it the hard way from then on.

Comment

Update....
                                The son called my Mom a little while ago and told her whoever stole all the stuff needs to get it back out there or they were calling the Sheriff. She told him that it hasn't been stolen, it has been secured, until the will is probated to protect the financial interests of both her family and ours. She told him that I would meet him out there 4pm if he felt like he needed to discuss it with me. He responded that he didn't know the will hadn't been probated (.....really......) and didn't really see any point in coming out there to talk to me.

My mother and I meet with the attorney at 11am Tuesday morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X