Microphones in emergency room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microphones in emergency room

Here at this emergency room with my wife and I noticed this. I asked staff here what this is all about and nobody knows.

I wonder if this is to deter thefts or something else.

Hmmmm.

Ps, they will still try to separate you from you loved ones because there is covid out there. I literally laughed at this lady that tried to tell me to leave and that it's much safer outside. I had to jabber the jaws to get back there with her. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210418_141043.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	25247163

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

We had just moved into a new house, boxes everywhere. Got the beds assembled and everyone to bed. About 0400, the 4 year old gets up, roaming around, and trips. Cut in forehead needing ER visit. While there, the nurse leans over to my and asks if there is "violence in the home". I'm sitting right there.

I laughed and told her, "Oh yea. I like to get up on Sunday mornings to beat my family so I can come down to the ER in my shorts and flip flops to pay $400 for stitches. It just makes my weekend".

I don't think she saw the humor.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
      We had just moved into a new house, boxes everywhere. Got the beds assembled and everyone to bed. About 0400, the 4 year old gets up, roaming around, and trips. Cut in forehead needing ER visit. While there, the nurse leans over to my and asks if there is "violence in the home". I'm sitting right there.

I laughed and told her, "Oh yea. I like to get up on Sunday mornings to beat my family so I can come down to the ER in my shorts and flip flops to pay $400 for stitches. It just makes my weekend".

$400 ain't gonna get you in the door

Comment

You’d be real surprised how much child and spousal abuse questions like that actually turn up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
          $400 ain't gonna get you in the door
          Well, that was about 25 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
            You’d be real surprised how much child and spousal abuse questions like that actually turn up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            This may be what that is about. They never asked her about that but in the questionnaire they asked if she lived in a (safe) home. The Dr also said that the stupid paper masks dont work and that they are useless to protect against C19. That gave me a smile

Comment

Was this hospital municipality-owned or a privately-owned?

Comment

I have heard other people get hounded on the same subject. If today, someone had a kid that suffered all the injuries I did, when I was young, the parents would most likely be locked up for a long time.

When I wrecked my dirt bike the last time, about 13 years ago. They hounded me for hours, trying to get me to admit, I wrecked a motorcycle on the street, was drunk and left the scene. The dirt bike was laying in the back yard, where I wrecked it. I kept telling them to go to my house and look in the back yard, they would see a Honda CR250R laying in the back of the yard, near the pasture. I even told a buddy, to go to my house, while the nurses where standing there, I asked him to go in the back yard, get the dirt bike and put it in the garage and to check to see if I turned the fuel off. I could not remember, if I turned the fuel off. They still kept hounding me like they were police officers, trying to get me to admit to being on the street, on a motorcycle, wrecked while drunk and left the scene. Since when did hospitals get kickbacks, or spiffs, from the police, for sending them customers?

The first hospital, could not fix my leg, so I got sent to a second hospital, they did the same thing but to more of an extreme. I was ready to get up and walk out, if I could have, that or I was sure wanting to punch someone, after hours of getting asked the same questions over and over, then getting told what really happened. **** I must have been on some really good drugs, because I was sure, I was on my dirt bike, on my way into the pasture, when I wrecked. But I seemed have been on a street bike, that I did not know I owned. Then I was drunk, right after getting off work. They are such great detectives.

Comment

Wife fell down the stairs at work and twisted her knee. Went to one of the small walk in clinic places, and said I pushed her down the stairs when asked what happened. She laughed, I laughed, doc looked at me like I kicked his dog. Took a bit of convincing, and I suddenly couldn't be present in the room per "procedures"- long before covid. I'm probably still on list somewhere

Comment

Wow I had some interesting conversation about our assigned male nurse while in the emeregency room couple months ago. Geez....knowing now they might have been listening. Poor Fellow.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Wow I had some interesting conversation about our assigned male nurse while in the emeregency room couple months ago. Geez....knowing now they might have been listening. Poor Fellow.
                      Lol. I know what you mean.

It's just strange that the place is [emoji441]. May also have to do with criminals or ODs or something.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting observation on the listening devices but it’s not surprising. On another note I know of a couple of folks that made comments jokingly on abuse in which triggered a visit from CPS.

Comment

It doesn’t matter! I think you did right and maybe, just Maybe she maybe she listened!

Comment

I think most hospitals record everything in case of lawsuits. I know when I had cataract surgery when in the operating room the Dr ask me what eye are we doing I said right, then he ask each nurse, and the guy that was going to give me the ha ha juice. Then the Dr said we are doing the right eye. I asked later about that and I was told they record everything and they want to make sure they are doing the correct eye.

Comment

Had a nephew crash his 3 wheeler years ago out of Moscow Texas. Went to Livingston ER to sow his ripped ear back on. Next thing, 3 Livingston PD's show up in the ER, and separate my 2 brothers and my dad. Questioned all 3 for about 30 minutes, took reports and also talked to my nephew who said last thing he remembered was riding the 3 wheeler... Came back out after talking to nephew, and told them my nephew accused them of ripping his ear off.. After 30 more minutes, they basically said they just said that to get their reaction, just in cast....
                              Lesto!!

Comment

Working...
                              X