This a kill pattern (trky) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 8 yo grandsons 1st time/shot behind a 20ga.

Tristar camo youth model 20ga Auto. I didnt look what choke I have in it.

25 yds w high brass #6. Have some high brass 4s and 7.5's we can try this eve, along with choke swaps.

I think it will drop one. That's a 1" orange dot.

What do yall think ?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210416_072528.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	25247081

I would think so.

Comment

That’s a dead turkey. Use the 4’s
      Last edited by AntlerCollector; 04-16-2021, 07:02 AM.

Comment

I bet it would with some #4s

Comment

Looks like it would do the job. I would double check the choke, and try the others loads just to see if some other combination is better, but this set up should work as long as the shot is not much further. They are too expensive for me to use, but my wife is just getting into hunting and I wanted her to have a successful experience so I got her some of the TSS 20ga. #9 Federal turkey loads. Those things are amazing, very expensive at approx. $8 a shell, but amazing. Not something I would buy for myself, but for my wife or a young one I want to have a good time and get the hunting bug, it is $ well spent IMO.

Comment

These 6s were semi high brass. Game loads ? Step above dove loads. Didnt check oz's. The #4's are HI BRASS.

The semi-hi brass rocked him perty good, lol. He says it didn't and wanted to keep shooting (and did). But this lil gun is LIGHT and he's small for 8.

The 4s will prob knock him over! But I guarantee it wont stop him.

Comment

Both my kids just use low brass dove loads, #6. Patterns great at 30 yards. There are a LOT more pellets in the 6’s than in 4’s. Boy killed one a little over 30 yards with 8’s (because dad grabbed the wrong box). It really doesn’t take much to kill a bird.

Comment

I would be looking for the full choke and re-shoot it. That will do the job but the more BBs on the head the better. You got the extra BBs in the pattern flying by his head, might as well try to put them on the mark too..

Last edited by Smart; 04-16-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Better than the last group posted

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^^^

Diff gun.

Comment

stay with the 6's, they will kill easily at 25-30 yards out of a 20 and have more pellets per shell than 4s.

Comment

I use a shotgun shell sleeve and pairs of duck decoy weights to add weight to a youth gun.

If you still need something let me know and you can give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Army of Dad; 04-19-2021, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Covered every inch of 800 ac and never heard so much as a chirp.

Place was LOADED with trky last fall. ??????

Comment

Working...
                          X