Need help quoting a pipe fence job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help quoting a pipe fence job

Thanks guys, got a text this morning that I got the job!
    Last edited by Backwoods101; 04-11-2021, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      You are going to bid yourself out of a job if you go with those weld on saddles or you are not going to make enough to justify doing the job
      Of course you may be working for someone with no concerns about spending a large sum on a fence too

Buy you a tubing/pipe notcher or learn how to saddle pipe

I am trying to remember where I saw the notcher I am talking about. Doubt it is inexpensive but you would have it for future jobs

I’m liking the pipe notcher route. Wonder if any of our guys have real life experience with one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We do a black coated net at the bottom of all our wrought Iron fences to help with dogs. It has been successful even against the small ones.

Comment

Saw you’ve already quoted it, but there are two way I bid jobs when I’m not quite sure how to figure them.

The first for fairly normal work is the cost of materials plus my daily rate x the number of days I expect it to take, being realistic. If you figure it at 10 days and it takes 8, you did well. If it takes you 12, you didn’t do as well, but you didn’t lose money.

The second is for stuff that has the potential to be a PITA, which is basically how much it is “worth it” to you, regardless of how long it takes. This means you might expect several trips back to town, needing to buy an unexpected tool, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
            Thanks guys, got a text this morning that I got the job!
            Good job!

Comment

I’m in the middle of doing my fence on my place and I’m using this template for my saddles. It’s not that bad if you’re halfway decent with a cutting torch and grinder. I’m not a big fan of the slip-on saddles, cutting the saddles looks cleaner in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
              X