No announcement yet.

Beard to Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t blame him, better opportunity, besides who the hell would want to live in that dust bowl????

Comment

Some bitter Tech fans on here. You have a problem with him when he broke his 5-year contract with UNLV after one week to go to Texas Tech?
      Last edited by bullets13; 04-01-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
        Not just business to me or in my opinion. He signed a contract. Gave his word to many a recruit - which is obviously meaningless.

A complete sorry SOB
        I hear what you are saying, but its definitely business. It works both ways. He signed a contract for X years and could have gotten fired before his contract was up. For recruits, they are always told to commit to the school because nobody knows....

Comment

Backstory I heard from a friend Beard and Shaka have the same agent. Evidently
          said agent worked the deal for Shaka to go Marquette to open the door for Beard to Texas. Deal has been done but it wasn't made official until today when Beard's buyout dropped to 2 million dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
            You're mean.
            Maybe. Just a bit frustrating. I just read the UNLV story, honestly had no idea it went down like that. Sounds like he was just job hopping his way to his alma matter now. I can't root for Texas, so I guess I'll just root against him now instead of for him.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
              said agent worked the deal for Shaka to go Marquette to open the door for Beard to Texas. Deal has been done but it wasn't made official until today when Beard's buyout dropped to 2 million dollars.

Buyout was still 4 million, but they saved 7.1 million allowing Shaka to move on instead of firing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
                Exactly. 2 years into a 6 year contract and he just bails for a rival school? I hope he falls flat on his face.
                Tech is UT’s rival?

Comment

My rant is over (nearly) about the no-good, dishonorable, sorry SOB Beard - I wish him nothing but utter failure at the 40 acres....hope the West Texas red dust buries deep in your hind-quarters as you leave town on Highway 84....but then again, I would guess he will be flying out of town on a private plane.

Now if Tech could just fire Kirby Hocutt the AD. With his leadership, Tech will get half of a basketball coach to replace Beard - just look what Kirby accomplished with the football program.

He hired his friend, the incompetent Matt Wells, who he did not fire after the first year (4-8 record).

Then he did not fire him after he decided to try to kick a field goal with Tech down 27-18 and the ball at the TCU 19 …on second down…with Tech moving the ball. A coaching decision most high school football coaches would not make. 2020 record 4-6.

Fire Hocutt !

Now rant complete.

Carry on TBHers. Good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                    Not just business to me or in my opinion. He signed a contract. Gave his word to many a recruit - which is obviously meaningless.

A complete sorry SOB
                    I see what you're saying but... he's probably going to become the highest paid coach at Texas and he's a Texas Alum.

I'm a Tech grad so I hate to see him go but definitely understand. Now why he would want to deal with the overbearing Texas big wigs is beyond me. If they give him space to do his thing they will win championships... if not, nothing will change.

Comment

Wish him well. Good coach. Will be interesting to see how he does in Austin. I question whether he Is a good fit there or not.

Comment

How much is Texas paying Ole Beard?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                          How much is Texas paying Ole Beard?

Word is highest paid in the country...[emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                            Seems to be very likely. And explains why he didn’t call a timeout in the final seconds of the loss to Arky....

He literally went from the most loved man in lubbock to hated.

I don’t care how he does in Austin, but I do not think he will have the success he hopes for, and likely won’t meet the expectations of UT, but that’s because of the level of their expectations in despite the reality of their program

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                              Tech is UT’s rival?
                              Same conference.

Over the past 4 years looking at the big three sports...

Baseball - Tech has 151 wins, ut has 122
                              Basketball - Tech has 94 wins, ut has 78
                              Football - Tech has 19 wins, ut has 32.

Now if football was weighted at even 2x the weight since we do live in Texas, and football does reign supreme, Tech is still 283 -264.

I think a case could be made that Tech is superior to ut based on recent past accomplishments. Now that ut has bought Tech's basketball coach, we'll see if that improves for the little school in austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
                                Same conference.

Over the past 4 years looking at the big three sports...

Baseball - Tech has 151 wins, ut has 122
                                Basketball - Tech has 94 wins, ut has 78
                                Football - Tech has 19 wins, ut has 32.

Now if football was weighted at even 2x the weight since we do live in Texas, and football does reign supreme, Tech is still 283 -264.

I think a case could be made that Tech is superior to ut based on recent past accomplishments. Now that ut has bought Tech's basketball coach, we'll see if that improves for the little school in austin.
                                Lol don't waste your breath. Majority of these "Longhorns" probably never even stepped foot on UT campus.

Comment

Working...
                                X