Water cut off.... Be pre-paired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water cut off.... Be pre-paired

Don`t wait till you have a busted pipe to try and figure out where you cut the water main off to your house. If your pipes are frozen, be pre-paired tomorrow or the next day for when they thaw. Several people on social media where I live that have water flooding their home and can`t shut off the water.

agreed, but everyone should know this if it's July.

Comment

Yep, everyone needs to know how to shut the water off

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
        agreed, but everyone should know this if it's July.
        I agree, but I`ve read lots of stuff in the last few days about peoples problems that make you scratch your head. Just trying to do my part.

Comment

Also get in and check it. I have seen many that when you open things up there are issues that wont allow you to shut it off such as mud or the cover is too close so it wont turn. This just happened to my BIL last night at 3:30 AM. Cover was too close so he had heck getting it turned off. luckily after about 20 minutes he was able to get it dug up and moved over so he could turn it off.

Comment

I am apparently the only person on my street who has a t-handle shut off tool. I’ve used it on more than several neighbor’s house who had no idea where there water meter was

Comment

A crescent wrench and a long screwdriver will do in a pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Specially if you recently moved in and don't know the house yet.

Comment

I got mine all cleared and ready tonight and showed wife how to shut down if I’m not there. I got water everywhere except the washing machine. It’s froze before and survived (pex). But I’m still a little nervous

Comment

Keep your meter box covered with snow though, it will insulate it and keep it from freezing.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      I am apparently the only person on my street who has a t-handle shut off tool. I’ve used it on more than several neighbor’s house who had no idea where there water meter was
                      Hell I built one out of 1x2's and framing screws the other day. Sometimes people's ignorance amazes me.

Comment

Showed wife how to turns ours off as I’ll be on shift tomorrow. When we get power back, I’m going to make a water cut-off t tool. Super easy to make and even easier to use for an inexperienced person.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          Not sure where I got one, but I have one in my garage. Somewhere. Probably behind 12 boxes of crap that should be thrown out or donated

Comment

They are easy to build but I also believe Lowes and Home Depot usually have them for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                              Keep your meter box covered with snow though, it will insulate it and keep it from freezing.
                              Day before the weather went downhill I went around to all the neighbors and stuffed their meter boxes & cutoffs with hay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X