Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #151
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAPP View Post
There's just plenty of you that mistake your opinion for "honesty" and try to shove it down other people's throat. When they don't agree and get tired of hearing it you call them thin skinned. If you would just realize that it's just your opinion and no more important than any other, then there would be much less of this bickering. The internet has created this atmosphere of being able to disrespect another man and not get popped in the mouth. A lot of folks here take full advantage of that.
Amen
miket is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #152
Huntingfool
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Amen
also agree -
Huntingfool is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #153
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Shame
flywise is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #154
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingfool View Post
May I suggest going back and reading the original post from the OWNER and ADMINISTRATOR of this site? Simple request he made.

Result??? A thread of responses of the type that he very nicely asked to cease - pretty disrespectful to him IMO

Obviously some of you cannot help yourselves - again Junior High school level
I read it. I actually make it a point to read every post on a thread I reply to. Unlike a host of others

That being said, I dont think it was disrespectful. To Michael or the thread. Its merely my opinion (merica).

Just the other day I was referred to as a woman in a thread. Did it bother me? Nope. Did I cry and need a hug? Nope.

I like a good scone. Sue me.

Lets not forget it's the innerwebs!

This place has been described as a "campfire" the kinda fire I like being around is good dudes talking hunting and trash and all in good fun. You dont like the fire, oh well

I have enjoyed a campfire,boats,vacations, fishin trips etc with a least a dozen members of this site. We've got along great and I consider them friends and would help them in anyway.

7th graders or not

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:11 PM   #155
Huntingfool
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
I read it. I actually make it a point to read every post on a thread I reply to. Unlike a host of others

That being said, I dont think it was disrespectful. To Michael or the thread. Its merely my opinion (merica).

Just the other day I was referred to as a woman in a thread. Did it bother me? Nope. Did I cry and need a hug? Nope.

I like a good scone. Sue me.

Lets not forget it's the innerwebs!

This place has been described as a "campfire" the kinda fire I like being around is good dudes talking hunting and trash and all in good fun. You dont like the fire, oh well

I have enjoyed a campfire,boats,vacations, fishin trips etc with a least a dozen members of this site. We've got along great and I consider them friends and would help them in anyway.

7th graders or not

so we will go with 7th graders - some of you respond to Michael and not me - simply respond to his original post period - why the heck do you guys think he posted this on his website??
Old 11-11-2019, 08:13 PM   #156
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity County

Quote:
Obviously you have trouble reading. I am not whining - Michael made the request in his original post - if you have a problem with his request then address him directly - forget me - go ahead we are waiting
I did in post #11. I certainly respect Michael's position and stance on this subject and it probably needed saying, but there are always two sides. What you criticized as juvenile and "Middle School" was really just a few guys that know each other, know Michael and were jacking with each other a little bit. Like calling Michael "Mary's Assistant" or "The Boss's Husband"...I bet Michael laughed. So I'd like to take up a Love Offering, like the Baptist do. Maybe we could buy you a come-along to drag that giant stick out of your ***. Loosen up, man....life ain't that serious.
curtintex is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:14 PM   #157
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
I did in post #11. I certainly respect Michael's position and stance on this subject and it probably needed saying, but there are always two sides. What you criticized as juvenile and "Middle School" was really just a few guys that know each other, know Michael and were jacking with each other a little bit. Like calling Michael "Mary's Assistant" or "The Boss's Husband"...I bet Michael laughed. So I'd like to take up a Love Offering, like the Baptist do. Maybe we could buy you a come-along to drag that giant stick out of your ***. Loosen up, man....life ain't that serious.
Lol bingo..
systemnt is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #158
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

Bubba if they get under your skin just put them on a ignore list. Only one I have on mine is that Quakerbox feller , he drinks sissy beer so that fool got the boot
Mexico is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #159
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
Bubba if they get under your skin just put them on a ignore list. Only one I have on mine is that Quakerbox feller , he drinks sissy beer so that fool got the boot
I'm probably the only person that can see this post.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #160
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

And the man from porter hits the nail with big hammer again!!

Old 11-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #161
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Im going to borrow that. I would have said steal it but that might offend somebody.
rtp is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #162
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Quote:
Wait, I remember you saying something like....."got another one them beers?"

I dont have anyone on ignore. I like a little drivel now and then

Old 11-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #163
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
See what?
rtp is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:19 PM   #164
Jen-Man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sheridan, Cotulla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRettele View Post
I agree. I don't have time for those threads and just close them and move on.

Same....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jen-Man is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:19 PM   #165
systemnt
Pope & Young

I ignored myself once but yall kept quoting me so it was useless..
Old 11-11-2019, 08:19 PM   #166
Mexico
Pope & Young

Quote:

I can't seeeeeeee youuuuuuuu ... huh?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2019, 08:19 PM   #167
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

Quote:
Apparently the one person who has an issue with the majority of yíall is the only one who is correct. And you fellas who all know one another and pick on one another are the ones who are in the wrong. Surely by now you can see that, Curt? Otherwise youíre a 7th grader who is juvenile and silly. Come on, man!

TxDispatcher is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:21 PM   #168
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

I had to put Michael on ignore today for shooting pigs in the ***.....

Squirts of Brasso for sale....Halos polished while you wait..
Smart is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:22 PM   #169
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Quote:

Nanny nanny boo booo

Oh, now yall done woke up Smart. The king of drama, the sultan of smack talk

Old 11-11-2019, 08:30 PM   #170
Huntingfool
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
Apparently the one person who has an issue with the majority of yíall is the only one who is correct. And you fellas who all know one another and pick on one another are the ones who are in the wrong. Surely by now you can see that, Curt? Otherwise youíre a 7th grader who is juvenile and silly. Come on, man!

So lets let Michael answer that question - answer me this - why did he post his post? Was he just jacking around? I did not start this thread - Michael did.

If he responds here that he really did not mean it then I am gone and you guys go ahead and act like kids. If he responds that it was a serious request then maybe some of you need to move on - once again - go read his OP and then read the responses to him many of you have made - unbelievable stuff
Old 11-11-2019, 08:30 PM   #171
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Man, y'all are mean. Gonna make the little snowflakes cry.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:40 PM   #172
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Quote:
So lets let Michael answer that question - answer me this - why did he post his post? Was he just jacking around? I did not start this thread - Michael did.

If he responds here that he really did not mean it then I am gone and you guys go ahead and act like kids. If he responds that it was a serious request then maybe some of you need to move on - once again - go read his OP and then read the responses to him many of you have made - unbelievable stuff
Please donít wait around for an answer from me judging from every post so far, the only person on this thread who has a real issue with anything is you. Several folks have agreed and thanked Michael for his post, and you keep demanding people to answer your questions. I couldnít care less if you have an issue with every member on TBH...Iíve only had an issue with 1 person here in 7-8 years, and he has no idea that I donít care for him. Why is that? Because I donít engage with him, I ignore him and scroll right on past his comments. It. Is. Not. That. Hard.

Now Iíll go continue to act like a child since Iím not getting my wa...oh wait
Old 11-11-2019, 08:43 PM   #173
Mexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
LMAO.... much apologies to those I've offended. Probably because I like to HARVEST deer so I'd imagine I probably talk to myself on here most of the time

Hi Smart ...
Old 11-11-2019, 08:45 PM   #174
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
I ignored myself once but yall kept quoting me so it was useless..

That sounds kinda like the time "I" got in an argument with "My self". It really embarrassed "Me" here. So "We" had a group hug. And all was good with "Me", "My self", and "I". Now "We" don't argue with anyone.
Texas Grown is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #175
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Probably because I like to HARVEST deer

Hi Smart ...

Last edited by Smart; 11-11-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #176
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
LMAO.... much apologies to those I've offended. Probably because I like to HARVEST deer so I'd imagine I probably talk to myself on here most of the time

Hi Smart ...
Dont apologize!

Just give us beer
Old 11-11-2019, 08:48 PM   #177
curtintex
Pope & Young

Quote:

He was most certainly serious in his request. We then decided the lighten the mood by joking around about it. You then acted like the middle school substitute teacher that determines they know best despite not understanding what's going on. Despite your request, I'm not gonna move on. I've read his request. I respect that request. I read the joking that followed. It was funny. I feel like we're being punked....you can't be this much of a wet blanket can you. Is this for real?
Old 11-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #178
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Quote:
Please donít wait around for an answer from me judging from every post so far, the only person on this thread who has a real issue with anything is you. Several folks have agreed and thanked Michael for his post, and you keep demanding people to answer your questions. I couldnít care less if you have an issue with every member on TBH...Iíve only had an issue with 1 person here in 7-8 years, and he has no idea that I donít care for him. Why is that? Because I donít engage with him, I ignore him and scroll right on past his comments. It. Is. Not. That. Hard.

Now Iíll go continue to act like a child since Iím not getting my wa...oh wait
It's not me is it?

Old 11-11-2019, 08:56 PM   #179
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Quote:
It's not me is it?

Haha...no, it’s one of the fellas who hates everyone on TBH who doesn’t agree with his assessment of everything. Ya know, one of those “I’m right about everything and if you don’t agree with me you’re an idiot” guys

I mean...yes, yes it’s you

Last edited by TxDispatcher; 11-11-2019 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:59 PM   #180
slicktricker
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Grayson Co Public Land

Quote:
Haha...no, itís one of the fellas who hates everyone on TBH who doesnít agree with his assessment of everything. Ya know, one of those ďIím right about everything and if you donít agree with me youíre an idiotĒ guys

Dime a dozen right here.
slicktricker is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 09:01 PM   #181
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Quote:
Haha...no, itís one of the fellas who hates everyone on TBH who doesnít agree with his assessment of everything. Ya know, one of those ďIím right about everything and if you donít agree with me youíre an idiotĒ guys

I mean...yes, yes itís you
Wheeeew!!

I feel better about it now. I'll rest easy tonight knowing.....

Wait, what?

Old 11-11-2019, 09:09 PM   #182
Mexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
Wheeeew!!

Wait, what?

Bruh... no one has you on Ignore calm down..... we've seen pictures of your wife and would appreciate if you shared more hell maybe she could just take your username over completely
Old 11-11-2019, 09:09 PM   #183
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

Quote:

I mean...yes, yes itís you

I think I know who youíre talking about. Iíve got it narrowed down to 27,000 people anyway.

MBV77 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 09:18 PM   #184
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Quote:
Bruh... no one has you on Ignore calm down..... we've seen pictures of your wife and would appreciate if you shared more hell maybe she could just take your username over completely
She has an account. But she says the guys here act too much like women

As soon as she arrows a deer ill be sure and take some. Of the deer

Old 11-11-2019, 09:19 PM   #185
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Quote:
Wheeeew!!

Wait, what?

Quote:
I havenít...but that ainít why I donít ignore QB. He seems like a pretty good fella. Plus he deals with the rest of you knuckleheads, AND with Chew that alone means heís a pretty patient guy

Old 11-11-2019, 09:21 PM   #186
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBV77 View Post
I think I know who youíre talking about. Iíve got it narrowed down to 27,000 people anyway.

Haha...itís a holdover from a different forum altogether. Iím sure heís a good guy, but whines about a certain thing way too much for me to be able to stomach
Old 11-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #187
Mexico
Pope & Young

Quote:

I havenít...but that ainít why I donít ignore QB. He seems like a pretty good fella. Plus he deals with the rest of you knuckleheads, AND with Chew that alone means heís a pretty patient guy

Yes sir a good man indeed! Chew I'm not so sure? I hear he likes 1 legged women or something to that accord I have no clue???

Old 11-11-2019, 09:23 PM   #188
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Well that certainly doesnt sound very positive or as uplifting as i would have expected from someone whining about how others are acting.
Pretty combative and condescending ..actually.

Why you mad, bro?
Because he's right...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 09:31 PM   #189
Brute Killer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pleasanton

Ain't me.
Brute Killer is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 09:33 PM   #190
Dusty Roads
Six Point

Hunt In: Victoria

Thanks for the post OP. There has been multiple times in the past I have noticed the same issue you described. I use to visit a well known fishing site that almost every post had someone take it down the " Hater" path so I don't spend any more time on there. Hopefully this will help.
Dusty Roads is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #191
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:

Hi Smart ...

I need pictures of you planting and fertilizing those deer to prepare them for harvest please.
bboswell is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #192
be12hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montell, TX

This reminds me of a time my favorite high school teacher got on to me for getting too rowdy. I made jokes about it and we all laughed. The next day I got too rowdy again and he sent my butt to the principals office.
I made it all right by bringing him some Chick-fil-A the next day.
You jokesters better load up on your chickfila app if you get sent to the cooler.
be12hunt is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 09:56 PM   #193
Mexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
I need pictures of you planting and fertilizing those deer to prepare them for harvest please.
Hey tin boat man I wasn't talking to you! If I raise that sucker from 2.5 to 7.5 I'm going to HARVEST him. you need pics of big harvested deer? Never seen one? How many you want?

Old 11-11-2019, 09:56 PM   #194
Smart
Pope & Young

Whataburger to Bownanza it is!
Old 11-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #195
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by be12hunt View Post
This reminds me of a time my favorite high school teacher got on to me for getting too rowdy. I made jokes about it and we all laughed. The next day I got too rowdy again and he sent my butt to the principals office.
I made it all right by bringing him some Chick-fil-A the next day.
You jokesters better load up on your chickfila app if you get sent to the cooler.
Not wastin good chik fila on this ...
Will the crap sandwich from popeyes work?

Last edited by systemnt; 11-11-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:02 PM   #196
crc
Six Point

They did the thing he didn’t want them to do.

Make an example out of one of them.
crc is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 10:35 PM   #197
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Hey tin boat man I wasn't talking to you! If I raise that sucker from 2.5 to 7.5 I'm going to HARVEST him. you need pics of big harvested deer? Never seen one? How many you want?

How the heck you gonna get him harvested without killing him first?

Smart wants to know
bboswell is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 10:37 PM   #198
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc View Post
They did the thing he didnít want them to do.

Make an example out of all of them.
Death from Above is offline   Back To The Top
Old 11-11-2019, 10:39 PM   #199
Mexico
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
How the heck you gonna get him harvested without killing him first?

Smart wants to know
We choot 'em with darts, take pics and release. Kinda like Rhino's in Africa! The pics look great and no one can tell any difference. Heck I've harvested the same buck 3 years in a row

Old 11-11-2019, 10:39 PM   #200
be12hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montell, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Whataburger to Bownanza it is!
Will have the same effect.
be12hunt is offline   Back To The Top
Closed Thread